• LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Numbers coming Monday since you said it's not too late to join. :drinker:
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm in - I always do my measuring on Fridays so will start on Friday.

Weirdly I just posted a thread about this - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/557040-ladies-lean-mass
    [/quote]

I would like to join and will add my info by Monday evening. I need to figure out my goal based on my target body fat%. Thank you!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    The first two lines in my post above were a quote that I found helpful from LadyRaven68 . . .
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

Age 43
    Height 5' 5
    Weight is 141 pounds
    Bodyfat percentage 26.3% (according to body composition scale)

Body fat 37 pounds
    Lean mass 104 pounds

My goal is to get to about 23 to 24%.

I'm starting NROL4W tomorrow. I've adjusted my goals per the book and will see how it goes. Even bought whey powder and shakes this weekend.

Looking forward to sharing with you all.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    age 20
    5'1"
    body fat % : 27.94
    body fat : 40.23
    lean body weight: 103.77
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Week 1 has now ended and we are in week 2 which runs from today until Sunday. Please remember to input your new measurements sometime this week. I have included another tab for Week 2. If you enter your info and go back to Week 1 it will show you whether or not you have met the challenge for the past week.

I am also thinking about including mini challenges this week. I was thinking a food challenge and an exercise challenge. What do you think? Should I also have a BF% GOAL column? Just fiddling around. I appreciate the ideas.

As for me, I did not meet the challenge this week. I stayed at an all-inclusive hotel for a couple of days and ate and drank every bad thing known to man. Also I only worked out 2 days. I guess I should be thankful BF didn't go UP. Anyway, definitely gonna do better starting today.

I hope everyone else did better than me. Have a GREAT week you all :)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Week 1 has now ended and we are in week 2 which runs from today until Sunday. Please remember to input your new measurements sometime this week. I have included another tab for Week 2. If you enter your info and go back to Week 1 it will show you whether or not you have met the challenge for the past week.

I am also thinking about including mini challenges this week. I was thinking a food challenge and an exercise challenge. What do you think? Should I also have a BF% GOAL column? Just fiddling around. I appreciate the ideas.

As for me, I did not meet the challenge this week. I stayed at an all-inclusive hotel for a couple of days and ate and drank every bad thing known to man. Also I only worked out 2 days. I guess I should be thankful BF didn't go UP. Anyway, definitely gonna do better starting today.

I hope everyone else did better than me. Have a GREAT week you all :)

I am confused - how did Week 1 end when we just started?
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    For those persons having the same question as Tinkerbell:

I started the challenge on April 9 and if you look at the spreadsheet it says April 9 - 15 (which is Monday to Sunday) is Week 1 so each person could enter their info any day during that time. Week 2 would then be April 16 - 22 which I'm assuming means that if you entered your info on say April 14 (Saturday) you would want to enter your new stats April 21 (also Saturday) which is one week later. I entered my stats April 9 so one week later puts me at April 16 which is when I entered my new stats.

Hope this clears it up, if not PLEASE let me know.

A precise example: even though Tzippy7 just entered her stats, we were still in week 1 because April 15 (Sunday) is week 1. I would therefore expect her to enter her new stats for week 2 on April 22 (also Sunday).
  • sunray11julie
    sunray11julie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    count me in!! thats exactly my goal! i want to lower that body fat% without losing weight! If i lose 5 more lbs ill be in the underweight... dont want that!

(body fat %, lbs/kgs of body fat, lean body weight) here.
    BF% 19.1
    104.36 lbs lean body weight
    24.64 lbs body fat
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I changed my calculations. When I used the calculator you had - my figures were out by 12- 15 points. Which is scary.
    I used a calculator on the internet. I want to be accurate with everyone else. So, I changed it. I am a lot heavier now!!! :sad:
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    The calculator I provided I got from the same website I pointed to in my first post: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html. I'm not saying it's accurate, none of the online ones are. But that's what I use. The 32% that it gives me looks about right for me because I have a big tummy.
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well I entered my stats from the link you provided and was happier with that than with my scale. I had my first real weight loss this week and my scale said my BF was HIGHER. But the link showed a BF decrease. Hmmmm
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Well I entered my stats from the link you provided and was happier with that than with my scale. I had my first real weight loss this week and my scale said my BF was HIGHER. But the link showed a BF decrease. Hmmmm

Well how did you lose the weight? Did you do any lifting? Or was it only cardio? If it was only cardio, then it is possible to lose weight and end up with a higher BF because you may have lost lean mass. (This is my opinion only).
  • deedaltz
    deedaltz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So up for this!! Starting New Rules of Lifting for Women tomorrow!

04/10/12

Body fat %: 24.61
    Lbs of body fat: 36.52
    Lean body weight: 111.88

Whoooohoooo! My goal is to get to 18-20% BF!

Great idea including what program you are following. I'm doing P90X with a couple days of insanity thrown in and eating an average of 1800 calories per day.

Is that a net of 1800 calories a day? Im still trying to figure out what a good calorie intake would be for myself.
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well my weight is up from 2 4/6/12 when I first posted which was 148.2 and my bf percent then was 24.9% with 111 lean mass and 38 fat mass approx. Today these are my numbers!

wt 149
    Bf% 22.9
    Lean mass: 114.9 lbs
    Fat mass: 37.5 m lbs

So my weight went up but I lost 3 inches total!!!!! All this eating 1800-2300 calories a day doing NROL4W 3 times a week with 1 day of zumba and ine day of intervals and walking on lunch breaks!!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Well my weight is up from 2 4/6/12 when I first posted which was 148.2 and my bf percent then was 24.9% with 111 lean mass and 38 fat mass approx. Today these are my numbers!

wt 149
    Bf% 22.9

So my weight went up but I lost 3 inches total!!!!! All this eating 1800-2300 calories a day doing NROL4W 3 times a week with 1 day of zumba and ine day of intervals and walking on lunch breaks!!

OMG! This is great! This is what I want to happen with me. My main problem is I'm not getting the 1800+ calories daily. It is so hard to get there eating good food. How do you do it? I'm going to go check if your diary is open, if not, could you give me an idea of what you eat everyday?
  • season1980
    Options
    Not sure if my diary is open or not will check on that! I just try to eat "well" I try to make sure I meet my protien and fat macros and then eat the rest with whatevea I want : ) I have found not depriving my self of goodies but keeping in moderation is key for me......also I do indulge occasionally in alcohol but I try to limit it to no more than 2 times a week : ) If my diary is not open I will try to get it open so you can check it out.
  • season1980
    Options

wt 149
    Bf% 22.9

Sorry my fat mass was 34.1 not 37.5.... even better!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Here we go

Weight - 171.2
    BF% - 41.93
    LBM - 99.41
    BF - 71.79
    [/quote

this week's numbers

Weight - 170.4
    BF% - 41.37
    LBM - 99.79
    BF - 10.41

Waist - 36"
    Hips - 42"
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    So up for this!! Starting New Rules of Lifting for Women tomorrow!

04/10/12

Body fat %: 24.61
    Lbs of body fat: 36.52
    Lean body weight: 111.88

Whoooohoooo! My goal is to get to 18-20% BF!

Great idea including what program you are following. I'm doing P90X with a couple days of insanity thrown in and eating an average of 1800 calories per day.

Is that a net of 1800 calories a day? Im still trying to figure out what a good calorie intake would be for myself.

Well for me its not a net. I'm aiming to eat between 1800-2300 calories a day. But some days I get so busy with work I just don't get there.