Newbie with questions on Power 90

Options
Hi all! I'm new to the community (less than 2 months) and looking for some feedback on Power 90.

I am specifically looking for responses from people who have completed this workout while 50-100lbs overweight.

How tough was this on your joints?
How long did it take to build up your endurance?
How long did it take to make it through the entire DVD without stopping early?

Any feedback on your experience would be excellent as I'm considering starting this workout.

Thanks in advance!
Posha

Replies

• plisha729
    plisha729 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump...

any takers?
  • bondavbriwil
    bondavbriwil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lynette111
    lynette111 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started out at 235. I did Power 90 phase one for about 3 weeks or so and then went on to phase two. Phase one says to do 8-15 reps and I definitely started out at 8 reps or even less on some moves (pushups come to my mind). I stayed on phase one until I could complete the 15 reps on each move. I lost 45 pounds by the time I completed the 90 days. I don't remember it being hard on any joint in particular but definitely kicked my butt. That is what I wanted and each day felt a little stronger. The hardest thing for me was the cardio (yoga moves and planks-just did what I could do and didn't get down on myself). I have started to do phase two sculpt again for my weight training since I don't belong to a gym. You can do it. Just start with lower weights and build yourself up.
  • InfinitePoss
    InfinitePoss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 30 of Power 90 and when I started I was 60 pounds over weight, now I am fifty over;-)

As to your questions, I have a herniated disc and other than needing to modify some of the stretches I have it found it at all hard on my joints. What I really appreciate is that Tony keeps emphasizing that you need to take it easy and not burn yourself out or strain anything.

I am sticking with Phase I-II until Day 45 on purpose and I have been able to get through the cardio since day one although some days are harder than others. As far as the restistance training routine is concerned I have been able to do at least eight reps of everything since day one but outside of the pushups how many reps you can do is obviously based on how much resistance you use.

Honestly, I think you shouldn't hesitate to do Power 90 and I truly think it is a great place to start.