New here... :))

Options
I am new to my fitness pal and so far I am totally loving it. It is so easy and i love that I can read the message boards and get lots of tips.

I started counting my calories on Tuesday and as of today I have already lost 3 pounds. Does anyone know how long it will take me to lose 30-40 pounds eating 1200 calories a day and exercising 3 times a week?

Replies

• tngfordisney
    Options
    Hi Kim, What a great start. I would think it will slow down some as you get into it. have fun and good luck.

Rick
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Welcome! All the best!
  • kimmers1027
    kimmers1027 Posts: 122
    Options
    Thank You Rick.. Do you eat your exercise calories? I am trying not to but not sure if thats healhy!
  • kimmers1027
    Options
    Thank You so much !!
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Can always use more buddies and support! Sounds like you are the road to success ... One day at a time on choice at a time!
  • BoricuaLove25
    BoricuaLove25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim
    WTG!!!! Best of luck dear . If u need a MFP i'm here :wink:
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi! Looks like you're doing a great job so far!
  • kimmers1027
    Options
    Thank You Uniqute !!!
  • kimmers1027
    Options
    You are all awesome... Thank You !! I hope the weight loss continues.. I hate getting discouraged.
  • oligracemom
    oligracemom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here too! Welcome!!
  • jasiemcneill
    Options
    I'm new here also, this site is cool. On my phone app it tells me how much I would loose in 5 weeks if I did the same amount as today. Maybe that can help you figure out how long it will take you. I don't have a scale but I guess I will see the results in my clothes. I use to drive myself crazy getting on the scale everyday, so no more for me. Welcome :)
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Heyy! dont get discouraged about losing weight! your doing great! Your supposed to eat back your calories if your hungry. I mean they give you those extra calories incase you wanna eat. I am very tall and muscular and i almost alwayssss would go over my calories if i didnt work out! haha i usually eat back my calories. I started this about 2 weeks ago. I only weighed myself once and lost 1 pound so far but next weigh in is tomorrow! so we will see! Just make sure you dont under eat..eat when your hungry and when you need to..it can be unhealthy if you under eat actually. Theres tonf of friendly supportive people on here so its a great place to be =) Also, it will probably take a couple months to lose 30-40 pounds..the point of this website is to help you lose weight slowlyyy so that STAYS OFF! so that we dont yo-yo diet anymore...we all diet hardcore..lose ten pounds and within amonth the ten pounds is back..this website works against that..so just be patient! and it will b worth it in the long run!
  • appi1981
    appi1981 Posts: 45
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'd eat my exercise calories otherwise I'd be a total snag LOL
    Anyone can add me, I'm on here daily, woudl like some new friends who are active on MFP and if they're not, I'll stalk them till they are! :-)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I started counting my calories on Tuesday and as of today I have already lost 3 pounds. Does anyone know how long it will take me to lose 30-40 pounds eating 1200 calories a day and exercising 3 times a week?

Are your settings so that your goals are 2 pounds a week and getting a base calorie count to equal that 1200? I do caution you, that if you have not done the settings and are just counting for a goal of 1200 you may (as I do not know your body, activity level, etc) see your body adjust and move to a starvation mode, thus seeing a gain happen.

IF you have have done all that and 1200 is the number that comes up...outstanding. As for the time...it all comes down to the choices you make with your nutrition for every intake.

I wish you the best in your journey!
  • Lindamack5987
    Options
    There's no way to calculate how long it will take to lose 30-40 pounds. Every person is different. I have been on my journey since
    Nov.2011. I've lost 26 lbs. I hit a plateau that lasted 2 months. And at 1500 calories plus exercise calories I only lose a half a pound a week.