*guilty* help!!!

Options
OH NOOOOOOO!!! I just binged on a tesco large cheese sub!! its freaking GIGANTIC and i can't believe i ate a whole sub!

What do I do? should i skip dinner, and maybe breakfast tmr? Gahhhh!! I'm really angry with myself! I can't believe after 1 week of hard work I BINGED ON CARBS!
I don't even know how many calories it is coz the packet doesnt say coz its a fresh bakery product, and MFP doesnt have anything on it too...=(

What do people do when they accidentally have a binge? :sad: :sad:

Replies

• SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Do not skip a meal!! You binged.. oh well.. it sucks.. we all do it.. the fun thing about being human is we make mistakes... Do you work out? Work out extra hard today.. or if you usually rest today.. work out... run up and down the stairs or go for a long walk/jog/run w.e you do...
    Skippnig a meal is not going to make it better. it will actually make it worse... Think of your body as a car.. you need fuel to go... Maybe just have more veggies then meat with dinner... but keep it balanced you know??

Dont skip meals... It is very important to keep your metabolism going!!

Anything else... add me and ask :) (Im not a pro.. I just read alot :D )
  • charliedavisxxx
    charliedavisxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i did this today...
    went straight to the gym and will be having a supper of broccoli, spinich, green beans and courgette...
    just to make me feel better about it.

But its a glitch, and everyone does it so don't worry tooo much about it. Just think that tomorrow is a new day and you can just start from scratch

(do try to log it roughly though, just to remind you of how bad you felt when you feel like having a glitch like it again).

Keep going, Darling. Sounds like you're doing great, one mistake won't mess everything up xxxxx
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with the above.

Skipping meals isn't going to help - it will just slow your metabolism down and throw your body in to disarray, like what is going on?!

It's okay to slip up, we all slip up at times but the important thing is you view it as a slip up and you just get back to where you were before instead of thinking "So I've binged on this, I might as well carry on binging for the rest of the day". I think that's what the biggest trap can be, black & white thinking.

x
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. It's ONE meal. Carbs are not your enemy either. You can workout extra for the next few days to make up for any excess calorie consumption, but in all honesty, one sub is not going to derail you in any significant way.
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I agree with Supercurly, don't skip a meal. Go to the gym, eat a lighter veggie heavy dinner, and drink a ton of water. The last thing you need is to retain water from the sodium also. What makes it a binge is the guilt, we all do it, do not sabotage yourself by dwelling on it. Today is one bump in what is going to be a long bumpy journey. Tomorrow will be better.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    What you have to remember, also, is that if you're weighing once a week, that's balanced out over 7 days....so you have to look at the whole week....you may have had extra calories one or two days which will help balance that out. So you can also save a few (Keyword FEW) calories each day and increase your activity each day to help fend that indulgence off. It happens. You accept it, do what you can and move on. If you get too down on it, you wont continue and there's nothing positive about that

Keep stepping forward~!! You're doing great. And you've learned a lesson.
  • Shyhmim
    Shyhmim Posts: 27
    Options
    Do not skip a meal!! You binged.. oh well.. it sucks.. we all do it.. the fun thing about being human is we make mistakes... Do you work out? Work out extra hard today.. or if you usually rest today.. work out... run up and down the stairs or go for a long walk/jog/run w.e you do...
    Skippnig a meal is not going to make it better. it will actually make it worse... Think of your body as a car.. you need fuel to go... Maybe just have more veggies then meat with dinner... but keep it balanced you know??

Dont skip meals... It is very important to keep your metabolism going!!

Anything else... add me and ask :) (Im not a pro.. I just read alot :D )

actually, i just walked 50minutes today, then came back, felt hungry, and without realising, i BINGED! omg..its so hard to stop once i start putting food into my mouth...T_T
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    ^^
    Exactly. We all have a "bump" now and again. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and remember how you felt today the next time you fancy a big sub!
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I did the same (well, WAY worse actually) on Monday. I just went nuts with food. I don't even know what happened. I logged it and moved on. Okay, I beat myself up mentally, then logged it and moved on. I've been back on point with my food and exercise the rest of the week, and today my weight was down. One day won't effect you long term. Eat a healthful, well balanced dinner and press on.
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else's comments, eat a lighter meal for dinner, go for a workout, and what I always do is drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. Usually when I binge on something I am not used to eating I feel gross and bloated afterwards and drinking more water helps balance that out quickly.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get down on yourself. We all make mistakes here and there. It is just one meal out of many!
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Put it in your food diary and see how it fits into your overall day. I'm sure you have calories left over. No need to panic.
  • Shyhmim
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement. I feel alot motivated now. YES! i shall not let this mistake hinder me from my goal.

Shall drink lots of water too! =)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Wow I really wouldn't consider eating a large sandwich a "binge".
  • Shyhmim
    Options
    Wow I really wouldn't consider eating a large sandwich a "binge".

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266836600

trust me, its Large. its 14inches long. T___T
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Not meaning to sound flippant, but "get over it" and don't do it again! By that I mean we are all human, been there, done that, and personally, I didn't get a T-shirt because I'm too friggin' fat to wear one comfortably. That in itself helped me stop any binging. I'm sooooo over wearing pants and long sleeves during the summer when it is sweltering outside! After a while it will get easier, (not sure how long you have been at this), but eventually you won't crave carbs, sugars, processed foods, etc. Don't beat yourself up too bad, but if you really feel bad - exercise! LOL! It will make you feel better AND burn off some of those extra calories. Don't be scared of food, it's just food - just make healthier choices and you'll do great!:flowerforyou:
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    everyone gives in to temptation! i think allowing yourself a wee cheat/treat every now and again will keep you more motivated to stick to your diet. you shouldnt feel bad for enjoying a meal when you are consciously calorie counting all the other things you ate that week x
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Work out and feel better, it's only a one time thing and don't beat yourself up about it!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Just log it and move on. Eat a light dinner, maybe go for a walk if you have time. But feeling guilty about eating a sub will get you no where. One sub will not destroy your diet.

Actually, one sub is not a binge. A binge is a sub with chips followed by ice cream and cookies followed by french fries ...more cookies
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Definitely DON'T skip your next meal! Put your binge behind you and pack the anger and frustration away too or else that may lead to a further 'oh I've blown it anyway' binge. Just get back on track right now..........We are all human and we all do it!
  • scrambuglady
    scrambuglady Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Start over tomorrow. Use today as your cheat day but dont cheat anymore then you already have. We all splurge but doing more expercise, rewards you with extra calories so do some cardio to make up for some of what you took in. Then you wont feel so bad.