Let's talk about Vitamins in a bottle...

Options
Do you have a vitamin, supplement, or multivitamin that you routinely take? Which one would you recommend? Why do you like it?

I was thinking of starting one or some. For instance, One-A-Day for woman but I have that mentality that I do not believe that it actually works. Two months ago, I bought the GNC calcium candy. It's in a chewy caramel form. I ate maybe 5 & it has been sitting in the cupboard since then.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Replies

• kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Vitamen E, Omega mix and gummy multi-vitamin.
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I take a vitamin B complex in liquid form. I also take cinnamon and chromium but those help regulate blood sugar and I take them because I have PCOS.
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Those sounds yummy!!! Did you notice a change in energy? performance? etc. when you started taking the vitamins?
  • Cullenbraille
    Cullenbraille Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My fav are the centrum chewable orange flavored vitamins. They also come in the store brand as well.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I like GNC stuff. I'm taking their Men's formula "Mega Man with energy and metabolism boost." They have similar stuff on the woman's side of things I think.
  • Lisalovespies
    Options
    Just take calcium supplement as i am a woman of a certain age and I don't eat dairy (although do have the occasion serving of cream). I think supplements are worth taking if you know your diet or health means you are deficient in certain vitamins or minerals. Problem is remembering to take them.
  • ddog6
    ddog6 Posts: 13
    Options
    I take Shaklee Vita-Lea Woman and then Feverfew and Fish oil (for migraines).. I don't know if the vitamin works/makes a difference for me (My mom gets a lot more energy taking hers but only this brand not others) but the Feverfew and Fish Oil help TREMENDOUSLY with my migraines! They are much less frequent, don't last as long and are milder.. we'll see about the vitamins!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I take a daily multivitamin - Kroger Women's One A Day so it's generic, but I notice that my nails are much stronger when I take them. If I run out and stop taking them for awhile, my nails get weaker. I can't tell you what other benefits they give, but I'm hoping it is good for more than just my nails.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I take Prenatal Vitamins and Vitamin D. My doctor thought prenatals would be good for me. (Despite not being preggers) so I am taking it. Other than that I don't take any other supplements.

I used to take Standard Process Supplements and they were amazing, they made me feel fabulous, but they aren't cheap and I got laid off in August, so couldn't afford that luxury.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Orange Triad by Controlled Labs

or

Anavite by Gaspari Nutrition
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Swanson Daily Multi Vitamin & Mineral
    Zinc
    Potassium
    Alpha Lipoic Acid

Daily...without fail. I log them in my food diary as well, too. I get all my supplements from swansonvitamins.com :drinker:
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Those sounds yummy!!! Did you notice a change in energy? performance? etc. when you started taking the vitamins?

I actually remember to take them since they are yummy, no increase in energy :(
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    http://www.vitaplen.com/

I've been taking it for 2 months now. I can really tell the difference betweeen this & the OTC vitamins. Tastes yucky, but it's only 1 TB.
  • Starrmeah
    Options
    i use the company my father recommends Natures Sunshine (found online0 they have been in business since the 70's & more importantly, they are 100% guaranteed pure. which, according to the FDA, can ONLY be labeled on herbs if they are exactly as stated. NOTHING else found in them, no fillers, dust, chemicals, pesticides to grow them - NADA. except the pure herb. it is also a family owned company, which i always support, rather than say, a company like GNC which is a multi-million dollar franchise.

that being said, i take the following every day: D3, Garlic, HSN (means hair, skin, nails) OMEGA3, and Joint-support since i do super high impact aerobics & strength training 6 times a week.
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Thank you. WOW! Awesome ideas!!
  • akshayam29
    Options
    i been taking omega 3 dha from xtendlife...they are pretty decent....i found this site..may be useful for this thread....

http://www.multivitaminguide.org/
  • gracefullyjenn7
    gracefullyjenn7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I take Source of Life in Liquid
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I take Prenatal Vitamins and Vitamin D. My doctor thought prenatals would be good for me. (Despite not being preggers) so I am taking it. Other than that I don't take any other supplements.

I used to take Standard Process Supplements and they were amazing, they made me feel fabulous, but they aren't cheap and I got laid off in August, so couldn't afford that luxury.

I also take prenatals :) I take Viactive caramel softchews, too for Calcium + Vit D.
  • cindysuew
    cindysuew Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin similar to Centrum, fish oil and some chewable fruit flavored calciums daily. The calcium chewies are great compared to the horse pills that I used to try to choke down.