Laughing Cow Spaghetti recipe

Options
littlelily613
littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
I posted this picture on the meals thread, and I have had SO many emails and comments on how to make it. Instead of writing this out 20-30 times, I just thought I would post a thread. This is the meal:

CIMG0157-1.jpg

And THIS is the recipe:

Please keep in mind that everything in the pan is on this plate. This recipe serves ONE, so adjust the recipe as necessary:

-42.5 grams of uncooked wholegrain spaghetti (according to my box, it was half the serving on the back--a half serving makes plenty!)--for calorie purposes, I used catelli omega 3 flax for this particular recipe
-2 cups chopped broccoli
-1 1/2 cups baby spinach
-2 wedges light laughing cow cheese
-1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
-1/2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (I used the kraft kind in the green container)
-1/4 cup milk
-1 clove garlic, minced
-2 tsps canola oil
-2 small mushrooms, diced

While the pasta is cooking in a pot, take a pan, and add the canola oil. Saute the broccoli, and cook until it becomes as tender as you like. Stir in the galic and mushrooms for just a minute or so before adding ALL of the dairy ingredients. Keep stirring to ensure the laughing cow is melting and being mixed through. Then toss in the spinach and wait for it to wilt some. Once the sauce is ready, toss the pasta in and mix again. Then enjoy!

The entire plate with the ingredients I used above came to 444 calories, 28 grams of protein, and 10 grams of fibre.

Replies