My Intro and story

Options
Hi my name is Katie. I am a single mom of a 10 year old daughter Rylee. In 1996 I began my weight loss journey . I weighed 300 pounds and wore a size 30W. I saw myself in the mirror that day and that was the day i was done with that girl. I began to take steps to lose weight. I began when I went to Youth With A Mission when on lunch break (I had 2 hours) before my next class walking a total of 4 miles to the gas station and sometimes to the town of springdale to eat me a healthy meal and walked back to the base just before my classes. I did not notice at first but then my size 30W's were to big for me . I then took a trip to Belarus and dropped more weight I had to go vegan because of being allergic to their meat. I said goodbye to 300 pounds and dropped down to a size 18/20W.

I then went up just a size and said I can't allow that girl I said goodbye to emerge again so I began doing the couch potato to a 5 k run program. it was 12 weeks. I then dropped down to a size 18 regular. I did my second couch potato to a 5 k and dropped down to a size 16 regular.

I had a friend from church invite me to join him in a weight loss journey which consisted of correcting my eating exersize to name a few. I then said goodbye to the 200 pound girl when I weighed in at 199 pounds. I am on the finish line to reaching my goal of 135 pounds. so Here I am on MFP. with the support of new friends I know I can be a success and cross the finish line.

Replies

• kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You've done great so far! Welcome to the site, it's great here with tons of information and a lot of supportive people.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Bless you for your lovely honest story. Just remember that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and so you have to respect it and treat it well. Turn to God instead of to food and allow Him to nourish you. He has given you the power to overcome anything and with His help nothing is impossible so I am sure that you will reach your goal. Well done for all your hard work and keep going!
  • psucsi
    psucsi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Don't you just love that feeling when you notice your old clothes don't fit any more because they are too big!
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yes I sure do. it feels very well. thanks for the encouragement as well. I am doing the made to crave challenge it is helping me a lot.
  • lsang
    lsang Posts: 22
    Options
    You have come so far already! Your story is an inspiration to others. Keep up the good work and stay focused. You will always have great support on this site!