NEED SOME HELP

Options
im a mother of 4 n trying to lose weight to feel good about myself, i been on MFP for 5 weeks now n i havent lost 1lb ... i have some medical issues w my back,hips n knees so im kinda limited to what i can do for exercise. i try to work out 6 days a week doing areo pilates n elliptical, n just started circuit workouts. im a very picky eater.... i would love some examples of what to eat n/or little ways to change what i like to eat but just in a healther way....PLEASE n THANK U

Replies

• jolenefg
    jolenefg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ???
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    add me as a friend and i will set you up with a diet plan in private messages.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Hula hoop in front of the TV or walk in place, march, whatever you like. Take breaks on commercials. You got this girl!
  • jenniferlynn2477
    jenniferlynn2477 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I first started this different way of eating I took forever in the grocery store. I looked at everything I bought and wanted to buy and checked the calories out. I buy very lean meat now and gave up on most frozen foods because the calorie content is high. I buy a lot more from the produce section than I have in the past, but it seems to be working. I'm not a hugely picky eater, but there is a lot of things I don't like. So I try to make sure the things I do like are better for me. From pretzels, and I never minded salads and found out baby spinach added to a salad I couldn't taste a difference. Fresh fruit is very yummy and we eat a lot of chicken breast because the calories are low - normally 110 calories for 4 ounces. Now you need to be careful that you at least eat the correct amount of calories or you won't lose weight. Take into account that whatever exercising your doing subtracts calories you eat. I think it's 1200 calories you need to maintain, but take your time at the grocery and look at what you're buying. Good luck!
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Lean meats or fish, lots of veggies, fruit, whole grains. Keep your protein high and your fiber high. Keep the sodium under control. Drink lots of water. Have 1 treat every day that is around 150 calories or less.

Here are some of my favorite low cal and easy to prepare dinners for one -
    Fish
    4 ounces pan seared flounder with lots of spices, top with Lemon Pepper sprinkle and a squeeze of lemon juice
    1-2 cups of steamed or roasted vegetables with 1/2 tablespoon of unsalted butter

Beef
    Saute 3 - 6 ounces of fresh mushroom slices and 1/4 of a small sweet onion in a bit of butter and garlic
    Add 4 ounces lean beef slices in strips and cook to your liking

Pasta
    1 cup of cooked pasta with 3/4 cup tomato or meat sauce and 1/4 cup parmesan
    Tossed salad with homemade vinegarette dressing

BBQ Chicken
    4 ounces of fresh chicken breast grilled or broiled
    2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
    1-2 cups of steamed or roasted vegetables with 1/2 tablespoon of unsalted butter

Homemade Chili (can be high in sodium)
    2 Tablespoons light sour cream and/or 1 ounce 2% shredded cheddar

Tacos
    3 hard taco shells, 3 ounces lean ground beef taco meat, 1 ounce shredded 2% cheese, lettuce, salsa

Favorite low cal easy breakfasts for one -
    1. 1 small banana and 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
    2. Chobani Strawberry Banana yogurt with fresh strawberry slices added
    3. Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal and 1% milk
    4. 1 scrambled egg, 1 slice whole grain toast and 8 ounces of orange juice
    5. Egg McMuffin

Favorite low cal easy lunches -
    1. 4-5 tablespoons Hummus and 2 Wasa crispbreads, 1 cup of grapes
    2. McDonald's Southwest Salad with grilled chicken and 1/2 the dressing
    3. 3/4 cup homemade chicken salad, 1 slice whole grain toast, 1 small apple
    4. Asian salad with mandarin oranges, chicken and ginger lemon dressing
  • jolenefg