39 lb weight loss pics

Options
LiftBigtoGetFit
LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
I finally got around to finding my "before" pics from a couple years ago. I have dropped and added and dropped again, but I am at my lowest weight in quite some time. I still have some more to go and would like to add some muscle/tone. i need to learn to like lifting, i am working on that. the weight loss is from diet and mostly cardio (basketball mostly) with a little weight training/interval training thrown in. any tips on finding a love for weight would be great.

thanks,

DSCN0145-1-1-1.jpg

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    thats great!.. ugh weight lifting, I hate that as well!, but I guess Ill have to like it once I reach my GW

:smile:
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • katrinalarocque
    katrinalarocque Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What a change! You look great. I started off weights by doing a program called Kettleworx. It combines cardio with weight lifting and it is kind of addicting. I'm on my sixth week and I can't believe the difference in my strength, flexibility and muscle definition (I sound like a commercial). I love it.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    holy crow you look fab, well done :)
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    Options
    thanks everyone, i will check in to the kettleworx. i have looked at doing a kettle bell class of some kind but haven't worked up the motivation yet. i did try a spinning class last week and really enjoyed that, but that doesn't help with the weight. :ohwell:
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    Amazing, huge difference!! awesome job!
  • sipseyab
    sipseyab Posts: 59
    Options
    Good job! I'm doing P90X and love it. I'm finishing up my third week and can see some definition in my arms and butt already. It's a great workout, and you do a different workout every day, so you don't get bored.
  • rachaellynn91
    Options
    Great job you look fantastic! I find that it's helpful when working with weights to mix it up try to do multiple reps of different activities that way you don't get bored with the work out and if you take your mind off of it too like with good music or a book on CD good luck!
  • kudaguti
    kudaguti Posts: 6
    Options
    Thats amazing! You should be pround. I've heard of two workouts that combine both strength training and cardio, and I'm working up my fitness levels to get there. They are P90X and Insanity. For those of us who get bored of the weight lifting, then I think they may be options.
  • bluex232
    bluex232 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work! 8-)
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I have done some of insanity, not the whole program but as a exercise when I don't go to the gym. I have thought about doing p90x just not sure if I am ready to commit to it everyday. I will keep adding stuff into my routine though and have some new pics with more muscle definition to share in a few months :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!