Extra Jiggly

Options
When you lose weight do you become extra jiggly? I swear my stomach and thighs jiggle more than they used to :blushing: Does this make sense?

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Are you losing too quickly? If you are, that could be the problem. Nothing wrong with a pound a week.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It makes sense if you're losing fat... fat is stored in pockets and when you lose fat, the pockets shrink but don't go away... so it's sort of like taking a super-filled balloon, which will feel firm when pressed, and releasing some of the water... suddently that same balloon is a bit more jiggly/squishy.

If you haven't added strength training to your routine, I would definitely encourage you to do so (toning up is the only way to get rid of the jiggle). And, as another reply mentioned - losing weight quickly can also cause jiggle problems because your skin hasn't had time to adjust and tighten.
  • karenlw75
    karenlw75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I have absolutely noticed the same thing, and actually just logged in here right now to post a similar question, then I saw yours. But yes. My fat feels "looser" in the stomach area, and I am noticeing cellulite in places where I have never had it before (ie: front of the legs and on my arms. I didn't know if it was just me.
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight do you become extra jiggly? I swear my stomach and thighs jiggle more than they used to :blushing: Does this make sense?

I was thinking the same about my thighs! And if I push my skin on my belly, stomach or thighs at all I end up looking like a Shar Pei. A little disturbing but I just think it's because the fat that was there is going. :)
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I'll be careful with my loss and hopefully the extra jiggle goes away relatively soon.

I only have about 10lbs to lose but I did lose some weight back in February (approximately 10lbs then). I went on vacation, the food was really crappy, I did a lot of swimming, and came back 10lbs lighter and have managed to keep most of it off. In January I was about 150lbs and now I'm about 138lbs so there isn't a huge difference but in the past week or so I've noticed I'm more jiggly. My weight loss is set at just over .5lbs/week and I'm eating my BMR and exercise calories back.

For exercise I've just started the 30DS. I'm hoping to start more strength training soon but I need to wait until the summer semester at school starts, there's no way I can afford a gym membership right now.