injuries!!

Options
KF1216
KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
I am three-ish months into my weight loss/ healthy living and am on my 3rd injury!! I developed runners knee back in February, was diagnosed with tendonitis in my foot on March and now I have a pulled/strained/torn muscle on my rib cage! The knee and foot are better now but my side/rib cage hurts so bad:( I think it happened while doing Insanity or 30 day shred, it hurts the most during jumping jacks, certain arm weight exercises, push ups...today I couldn't even do the criss cross crunches. I'm taking advil and icing it and decided today that I need to take a break from the 30ds and insanity until it stops hurting but it's just so frustrating. i'm 30yrs old, 5'9" and started at 211, now am 186ish. It's not like I haven't been active before...I've never been THIS active/intense but it just seems like my body is failing me. I would ease up and do some more gentle exercise, pilates or the like, but I LOVE the adrenaline from doing a big, kick *kitten* workout. I get bored and feel like I'm wasting doing "easy" stuff - though I guess I'm wasting time healing from injury too. Grr. Just needed to vent, thanks for listening!

Replies

• fitnessgal1318
    Options
    I can relate!! I have been struggling with a long history of knee injuries and OA which have recently sidelined me from the more strenuous cardio exercises that I love and give me that endorphin rush I love. I just got a cortisone injection yesterday which hurt like hell but have made me realize that I've got to rebuild my strength and take care of my injury or I will be sidelined for good and I am too active to accept that. Don't rule out a visit to an orthopaedic doctor that specializes in sports injuries. There are some great ones out there that understand how important exercise is to us and will work with us to build strength and get back to the level we love even if with modifications. Don't give up and congrats on your great loss so far! Keep it up!
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I totally relate. It's annoying that now that I WANT to use my body it all hurts. When I was just lounging around being a slug it was fine. I still prefer the active me with injuries to the slug me with big jeans... :)
  • jennetters
    jennetters Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i was reading that and thought i wrote it! i had knee injury, then my foot, now my ab muscle and i just fell and busted the same knee again...i've been doing light duty work outs for about a month now but they probably haven't been as light as they should be because i can't stand not being able to run and do zumba. those are my two favorite work outs. so i'm trying to stay positive and i'll take this whole week off again. i absolutely can relate to you! this really sucks! i just keep reminding myself that i need to rest and i'll be able to get right back into the groove when my body is ready....
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    And now my hip is sore! Dr. Google says maybe hip bursitis? I was supposed to run a 5k this weekendbut am withdrawing. I'm so angry and depressed... :(