NSV while inhaling pancakes. LOL

Options
mrsdizzyd84
mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
Ok, I said I wasn't going to mention this, but I just have to. I'm so pumped I can hardly stand it.

A little background: I've been losing weight since mid-November. I'm taking it slow. I have MFP set to lose 1 pound a week. My eating habits are usually very good except for Saturdays or Sundays. One or the other is usually my cheat day. I've lose 31 pounds and lots of inches.

Anyway, so on Sunday my husband and I decided to do a 6 mile hike through the mountains. As is customary, we went to our favorite pancake joint to fuel up for the hike. I ordered my customary nut and 4 grain pancakes (A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!). As I'm stuffing my face the waitress comes back to the table and says, "I used to work at the drugstore. I remember when you used to come in all the time." At this point I'm like, "Uh huh?" Then she says, "I just have to tell you that you look sooooooo different now... you look fantastic! What have you been doing?" At this point I'm beaming, and I probably had pancakes in my teeth. LOL So, I go on to tell her what I'm doing etc. Then she says, "Well you look really really great. I just wanted to tell you."

Needless to say, she got a nice tip. I've been beaming from ear to ear ever since. That made my weekend, and it continues to make my week. God bless her!

Replies

• claireplum
    claireplum Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    AW what a great NSV! Thank you for sharing!
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! You are inspiring people you never knew! I had a teacher that encouraged us to write all the compliments down in a notebook to look back at when we needed encouragement. What a happy memory!
  • gigibenton
    gigibenton Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    31 lbs Since November is excellent work! Great NSV:smile:
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Oh wow - that's such a great story! Congrats!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What an awesome NSV!!! I love when people go out of their way to let you know that they can see your achievement!!
  • snazzycee
    snazzycee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sometime that's all we need to hear, regardless of what the scale may or may not say. keep up the good work :tongue:
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great post...but it made me think. The person you are is the same person who was heavier a few months ago...you were wonderful then and you're wonderful now.

Maybe this isn't about weight loss at all. Maybe its about letting that inner light shine a little brighter for all the world to see. Maybe its about discovering the connections between mind, body, soul and community and understanding that we are more connected, more complete and better able to be our true actual selves when we're in good physical health.

Cheers!
  • noidles
    noidles Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This made me a little teary - not sure why. I guess it's really lovely when people go out of their way to say lovely things like this, just to make someone happy. Kind of restores your faith in human nature. I live in a big city where I couldn't imagine someone going out of their way to make someone smile like that. Lovely.

All you people are so inspiring by the way. The 'success stories' area is my sole source of inspiration and really helps me to keep going.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Very well done, I hope you enjoyed your hike!
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Aw that's lovely. Great work! x
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hehehe wow. Thats awesome!! xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!