Feeling defeated..ruined a great week??

Options
hey guys, i had a great mon-thurs, but then tonight i ruined everything by eating my entire house:(
im so discouraged and upset, and frightened at my loss of control. HELP!

Replies

• loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    I know how you feel, used to do that ALL the time!!
    these things happen though, and there is no point stressing too much, just try to move on from it and continue with being good :-)
    Oh and don't try to cut down in calories to compensate as I used to do, as this always led to yet another binge for me.
    Is it possible you were too restictive with yourself during the week?
  • cm4508
    cm4508 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing last week and the 3 weeks prior to that. Ever since uhhh Easter :(

A suggestion to you as it was to me that I am my worse enemy and me/you , we know how to do this so we just need to do it.

So much easier said then done, but portion control we can eat whatever if needed just a small portion. Also, keep the more healthier snacks around when we feel the need to eat the whole thing of something.

Best of luck!
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I promise you haven't ruined an entire week of great work. You slipped up but we all do that from time to time.

It's important to carry on as you were doing, and not let this take over and make you think you have ruined everything.

Can you keep only small portions of the "binge" foods so you can still have something but can't go overboard? x
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Write it off. If you only have 10lbs left to lose then it could just be your body deciding that 'you're done' and wanting to build up a reserve. I believe that the last bit to lose is the hardest and maybe you'll need to change your routine to show your body you really mean business.

Don't beat yourself up - you've achieved so much - this last bit is going to take 'tactics' and I know there'll be somebody more knowledgeable on this to help you. Don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • claireyf12
    claireyf12 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hey,
    Try not to beat yourself up about it, i know its easier said than done, but whats done is done, now concerntrate on damage limitation and getting back on track, a little bit more excercise perhaps. I do this every now and again, were not superhumans get back on the waggon you can do it!!!! :)
  • dilleight
    dilleight Posts: 50
    Options
    You probably didn't manage to ruin the whole week. Get back on track and don't weigh in until any bloating has gone down. Just don't get into the habit of eating everything in the house. I'm just getting back on track after doing it most days for over a month.
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Try to figure out why you ate the whole house so you can be better prepared the next time. Is it because you were alone in the house and bored? Was it because you weren't alone in the house and ate what everyone else was eating? Were you eating because you were genuinely hungry? Don't beat yourself up over it but do try to learn from it.

Once a month there is usually a day (maybe two) that I eat everything including the kitchen sink. After tracking for the last few months I know exactly what that pattern is (and I bet you can guess). I just make sure I continue tracking even if I am waaaay over, But I don't beat myself up. I am still losing weight and I am still living a much healthier lifestyle .

Don't let one day throw you off!!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Write it off. If you only have 10lbs left to lose then it could just be your body deciding that 'you're done' and wanting to build up a reserve. I believe that the last bit to lose is the hardest and maybe you'll need to change your routine to show your body you really mean business.

Don't beat yourself up - you've achieved so much - this last bit is going to take 'tactics' and I know there'll be somebody more knowledgeable on this to help you. Don't give up! :flowerforyou:

This. Don't beat up on yourself. You are going to be fine!