Replies

• TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    convince yourself
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    ive seen men who have had their leg blown off who still run..very fast actually, jump out of planes and fight along with the best of us, I have yet to hear an excuse for avoiding something good that I would accept. if he can do it anyone can overcome anything

..he has a fake leg now of course
    If that statement is not motivation I don't know what would ever convince you!!!
    Creature275 Thank you and all Military for what you do!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    quitting on a race is easy. Going to the race and having fun and getting it done is what seperates your new self from the old self :flowerforyou:
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was in March and I was next to a woman who was walking while tethered to someone else because she was blind! She had a woman running right along with her describing the terrain, telling her which way they were going. I decided at that point that I didn't ever have an excuse! Just my two cents! Good luck today!
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    ive seen men who have had their leg blown off who still run..very fast actually, jump out of planes and fight along with the best of us, I have yet to hear an excuse for avoiding something good that I would accept. if he can do it anyone can overcome anything

Thank you for your service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I think you should at least try! You may regret it hard core if you don't.

And I don't know how to post pictures on here, but this might so somethin for ya. No more excuses!

http://theaccidentalnovelist.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/2008-05-12-p1_mullins2.jpg?w=500
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    convince yourself

What she said!! Just Do It!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    The only work outs you regret are the ones you don't do... I have that hanging on my fridge.

Love this!
  • GretchenReine
    Options

Wow, that's such extreme inspiration!

Thank you for all that you do!
  • tinacc1
    tinacc1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I hope you had a picture taken last night in your 'dressy' clothes. Now, get dressed in your running clothes and take another picture. Since you're already dressed, you might as well run the race! :) You'll never regret running the race, but you will always regret NOT running it. Tape up those sorry blisters, and get moving! We're all so proud of you
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It is about what you want to prove to yourself, the easy thing is to not go and try. What is the harm in trying?
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was in March and I was next to a woman who was walking while tethered to someone else because she was blind! She had a woman running right along with her describing the terrain, telling her which way they were going. I decided at that point that I didn't ever have an excuse! Just my two cents! Good luck today!

Very powerful. Hope you do the race. Good luck and let us know how you got on.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    convince yourself

^^^love this! Especially with the perfect profile pic to go with it : )

However, I still have a few words for you so listen up lady....
    I'm signed up for a 1/2 Marathon next weekend and a full marathon in 5 weeks that I won't be doing because I'm stuck on crutches with a femoral neck stress fracture. I'd KILL to be in your shoes today!! Your feet may be blistered and you might not be feeling your best, but your legs are functioning and you CAN do it! So embrace the suck (sorry JR, needed to steal that one for a minute here), be thankful that you are healthy and strong enough to run a race of whatever distance this is, forget the very idea of bailing, lace up those shoes and GOOOOOOOO!!! I mean it! I still have one good leg and I can come over there and kick your *kitten* and I'll show no mercy :angry:

And with that said....have fun at your race! :wink:
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    Embarrassingly, I didn't look that closely at the tickets. I thought the show was tonight. :blushing:
    to be honest, if you made all those plans the night before a race, you must not really want to do it!

But you knew you had a race to run today while getting ready for the show last night. There was no reason you had to have all those drinks, or wear those shoes.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I ran a 10k on a very bad hangover. It's just mind over matter. Your body can do it if you can convince your mind.
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    At least show up at the race dressed to run. You may find you will be motivated once you see the other participants and get caught up in the good mood of the crowd :smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Embarrassingly, I didn't look that closely at the tickets. I thought the show was tonight. :blushing:
    to be honest, if you made all those plans the night before a race, you must not really want to do it!

But you knew you had a race to run today while getting ready for the show last night. There was no reason you had to have all those drinks, or wear those shoes.

I'm all for shoving her out the door and running this race, but... fun is just as important. No need to guilt-trip her because she had a good time last night. She's not - I assume - a professional athlete. Just someone who enjoys running. Once a hobby starts to feel like an obligation, it stops being enjoyable.

I've run my best races with a slight hangover. :drinker: It's become my ritual to enjoy a drink or two the night before a race.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I ran the race. No PR, but a respectable time (for me). I popped the blisters, and a few advils. I chugged water and coffee. I finished solidly in the middle of the pack, and better than average for my age group. Hills were tough, but I did it. Thanks for helping push me out the door :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats! :drinker:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

You didn't see the shoes. I NEEDED them.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    The only work outs you regret are the ones you don't do... I have that hanging on my fridge.

That is perfect, and will be moved to my fridge. Thanks!

You didn't see the shoes. I NEEDED them.

This made me giggle. I totally have shoes like that, I know I'm going to regret them, but I have to wear them. Such as the pair in my profile picture.
    Good on you for getting out of the door :)