'Good' Alcohols?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Vodka!!!

I mix it with diet cranberry juice or with crystal light (and water of course...lol) you only "pay" for the vodka!!

I also love Bethany's skinny girl drinks....I add water to those too so I can drink more!!!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I love tequilla shots, but the last time I drank it (4 shots) I gained 4.5 lbs!!!! I don't like it that much!
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    French Bordeaux-Graves are not too expensive in the US. No sulfites, plenty of antioxidants (from sitting in the grape skins), not too many carbs and tannic enough to keep you from drinking them too quickly.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love tequilla shots, but the last time I drank it (4 shots) I gained 4.5 lbs!!!! I don't like it that much!

Ya!! Even If I drink super low cal alcohol I put on temporary Water weight...hate it!
  • Nanamo2012
    Nanamo2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like a saturday night drink but do tend to go OTT, so for the next 2 saturdays am going alcohol free. wish me luck, i hope the sacrifice is worth it. :-)
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    I have nothing to add...except that i totally just read the topic as "Good Alcoholism"!! :laugh:
  • lisacandoit1965
    Options
    Gin and Fresca (or any diet grapefruit soda) with a twist of line is good and rum and diet coke,,,,not completely calorie free but not as bad for you as everything else
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

This makes zero sense? 4 shots is 280cals.

Alcohol is a diuretic so you will lose water weight.

I'm thinking that there must be some big sodium spike and minimal water intake for weight to go up that much.

Anyway, just another reason not to bother weighing in everyday.

In saying that, I do for fun sometimes. I typically lose up to 2kg or 4lbs on a drinking night and I'll be back to normal by that night.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Uhm... None?! You can go for the lower calorie ones i.e. Bicardi rum (light), vodka, gin, anything light in the 80 proof range, but it's not just that calories that are the problem. They have done studies that determined drinking alcohol decreases your metabolism by up 73% for several hours after drinking.

I don't think obliging every once in a while will impede weight loss, but more than that, and I believe you will struggle.
  • gracey2521
    Options
    It's so weird that I just saw this post because I was just reading about this new study showing that people who drink shochu (it's a Japanese alcohol, but not Sake) over other forms of alcohol will lose weight. One of the best brand is TY KU which has been winning all sorts of awards and is advertised as having half the calories of vodka.

There's this guy names Stephan Lyman who lost 15 pounds simply by substituting beer and other alcohols for Shochu. Granted, it took 30 weeks, but considering that's the only change he made you could probably see better results with diet and exercise. Here's his blog: http://kampai.us/

I have never tried Shochu, but I plan on doing so in the near future =]
  • hobbitgrrl
    Options
    I usually drink rum & diet Coke or rye & diet ginger ale. My favorite, frozen margaritas, are reserved for very special occasions - they're way too high in calories to drink on a regular basis. :(
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    the best kind? the one I pour in my mouth

Absolutely this! :)
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options

This makes zero sense? 4 shots is 280cals.

Alcohol is a diuretic so you will lose water weight.

I'm thinking that there must be some big sodium spike and minimal water intake for weight to go up that much.

Anyway, just another reason not to bother weighing in everyday.

In saying that, I do for fun sometimes. I typically lose up to 2kg or 4lbs on a drinking night and I'll be back to normal by that night.

Everyone is different. This is how my body reacts to alcohol. I only weigh in once a week by the way. I drank on Saturday, weighed in on Tuesday. I drink about a gallon of water a day and eat healthy. I have Pcos and a thyroid condition. So this may have something to do with it. This is a consistent reaction my body has.
  • samlankford
    samlankford Posts: 334
    Options
    :smile: I like "black box" merlot, or MGD64... also LOVE guiness but once it gets warmer out I cannot stand anything heavy... most hard booze has around 100 calories an ounce so take it easy on it.. see now I am thinking of a glass of vodka!
  • MrsJaimeW
    MrsJaimeW Posts: 54
    Options
    I go for a Gin, fresh lime juice and Soda Water - not everyone's cup of tea, as it is not sweet at all - but works for me :-)

This has been my favorite too. And low cal.
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have a whole list of of the brand, type, % alcohol by volume, calories per 12 ounces, and calorie-to-alcohol ratio. Marker's mark is at the top with 70 calories an ounce and at cal/alc ratio of 18.7. Everclear is next but that's because it has a high calorie AND alcohol content. Feel free to ask for brands!
  • ARMom8251
    ARMom8251 Posts: 194
    Options
    prettytothinkso - What an awesome sleeve ink - wow!!

I also happen to think thats pretty awesome work!