Summer Brides and Bridesmaids How much can drop

Options

Replies

• kelseynrobinson
    Options
    I'm the MOH for my cousin/roommate's wedding on Aug. 4, I would love to have people to share this journey with!

SW: 207
    CW: 189
    GW: 165

http://www.davidsbridal.com/images/product/coordinate/P_10573_5_322646.jpg
    ^
    ^
    This is the dress I'll be wearing, but in royal blue :)
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dresses ladies! And I'm very happy to have a good group to share this with.
  • mammakisses
    Options
    I decided to incorporate some green smoothies to my diet to give myself a kick start. I made a large batch with 1 Pineapple, 1 Banana, the juice of 1 orange and 1 grapefruit and about 3 cups choped kale. Devided between 4 bottle. It's delicious! I'm going to try having 1 smoothie for breakfast and 1 for lunch with a regular dinner and snacks in between. I hope this helps because I feel like I'm running out of time.

Now if I can only stay away from the wine!
  • CShepherd91
    Options
    I have one more year until my wedding, so I'm in no rush, but would love to support you ladies!

My wedding dress fit me perfectly when I bought it (at around 175lbs). I want to get down to around 136-140 - just hoping that they'll be able to take it in that much!

:)
  • wd773
    wd773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ladies im down 3 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dress are you ready for me?

LETS GO GET IT LADIES!!!!!!!!!
  • coloradotara
    coloradotara Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in as well! I'm the matron of honor in my sister-in-law's on September 15th. I've tried dresses on at David's Bridal and found the one I want, but am not going to order yet! I want to see how much I can lose before needing to get it ordered! Saleslady said absolutely last week to order would be first week in July...I'm thinking I am going to order it mid June. I tried a size 8 on and it fit almost perfect...I had some major back fat going on though. I would love to be able to go down to a size 6, but I would be happy at a comfortable 8 as well! Still smaller than what I wore before! Need to find ways to tone up my thunder thighs, as the dress is cocktail length...so it's an inch or so above my knee. I usually avoid anything above my knee, but I am also using it as a challenge!

What are you girls doing to help in your weight loss? I've been at it since January and have lost 15lbs, but I haven't lost anything in the last month. Seems like the process it going so much slower than I had hoped! I was eating at 1200 cal/day and exercising, cardio, 5-6 times per week. Just this week I've since upped my cal/day to 1400 and exercising (cardio, C25K, and jillian's ripped in 30) 5-6 times per week. We'll see if that helps, they are saying eat more to lose more...hopefully that will give my metabolism a jolt!

Height: 5'3"
    SW: 175lbs
    CW: 159.8lbs
    June GW: 145lbs
    Ultimate GW: 125lbs

BTW, here is my dress. It would be in Lapis, a deep purple color...maybe one of you talented ladies can get it to work for me?! Thank you so very much!
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Crinkle-Chiffon-Dress-with-Front-Cascade-F14847_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Color

Let's do this!!!
  • kicksxit
    kicksxit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding on June 15 and I was hoping to drop to 180 pounds by then. I'm 5 pounds down so far, but just started seriously working towards the goal. Fried foods are my downfall.

I'm biking primarily as my form of exercise, but I've talked to some people who say that strength training should be incorporated. What are you ladies doing?

If you don't mind, I'll be sending out friend requests so we can keep each other accountable. It's just to easy (for me, at least) to fall off the wagon!

SW: 212
    CW: 207
    GW: 180
    Height: 5'4
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Getting married 7/28.

http://www.kirstiekelly.com/wedding/signatureDetail/signature-c1205.html

That's my dress, but unfortunately, I can't get the image to post :) I haven't tried it on since I've lost weight... going to wait a little bit longer.
  • mammakisses
    Options
    I caved in on the wine last night I have to make up for it today and make sure not to cave in again.

I also need to concentrate on sculpting my arms and legs because if I can't be thin by the wedding at least I won't be flabby. haha Need some motivation!

Someone give me a challenge for today. Please...
  • ltrenk
    ltrenk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The wedding I am in is not until January - but I want to take the challenge with you ladies. It's been almost a year since my wedding so I know what you girls are going through!
  • mammakisses
    Options
    ladies im down 3 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dress are you ready for me?

LETS GO GET IT LADIES!!!!!!!!!

Wow amazing! Keep it up girl!
  • mammakisses
    Options
    Just finished a workout with the kids. So yeah a silly but fun workout. I'd say I burned 200 cals but that's just a guess. I feel great though and that's what matters most.

I'm challenging myself to jump on my mini trempoline for a total of 4 minutes for 4 days. 1 done 3 to go. Then I will add a minute for 5 days and so on. This should help kick start my weight loss. I will do other things of course but that's going to be a daily workout.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm a Sept. 2 bride! My dress:
    Piper.jpg
    The Piper dress from Modern Trousseau! So excited!

Starting: 125
    Goal: 110

gorgeous dress! i think i saw it on say yes to the dress :)
  • emmeinde
    emmeinde Posts: 22
    Options
    I'd love to join in as well! I'm the matron of honor in my sister-in-law's on September 15th. I've tried dresses on at David's Bridal and found the one I want, but am not going to order yet! I want to see how much I can lose before needing to get it ordered! Saleslady said absolutely last week to order would be first week in July...I'm thinking I am going to order it mid June. I tried a size 8 on and it fit almost perfect...I had some major back fat going on though. I would love to be able to go down to a size 6, but I would be happy at a comfortable 8 as well! Still smaller than what I wore before! Need to find ways to tone up my thunder thighs, as the dress is cocktail length...so it's an inch or so above my knee. I usually avoid anything above my knee, but I am also using it as a challenge!

What are you girls doing to help in your weight loss? I've been at it since January and have lost 15lbs, but I haven't lost anything in the last month. Seems like the process it going so much slower than I had hoped! I was eating at 1200 cal/day and exercising, cardio, 5-6 times per week. Just this week I've since upped my cal/day to 1400 and exercising (cardio, C25K, and jillian's ripped in 30) 5-6 times per week. We'll see if that helps, they are saying eat more to lose more...hopefully that will give my metabolism a jolt!

Height: 5'3"
    SW: 175lbs
    CW: 159.8lbs
    June GW: 145lbs
    Ultimate GW: 125lbs

BTW, here is my dress. It would be in Lapis, a deep purple color...maybe one of you talented ladies can get it to work for me?! Thank you so very much!
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Crinkle-Chiffon-Dress-with-Front-Cascade-F14847_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Color

Let's do this!!!

I ordered my bridesmaid's dress online after figuring out a size. It came LITERALLY two days later (didn't pay anything extra for faster shipping). Time wise it's more reliable than getting it in_store. Good luck!
  • mammakisses
    Options
    Another good workout done. Day 2 of my 4minutes trempoline challenge and some resistence band exercises. My pants already feel losse even though there's no difference on the scale. I can't wait for my wednesday weight in I'm sure there will be some good numbers then!

Keep on working hard ladies, we can do it!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Well, can a mother-of-the bride join? My daughter is getting married June 23. I ordered my dress in February but it is not due in until May 7. It should fit, but my goal is HOT mother-of-the bride, so I'll be hitting the gym extra hard.

ugC_Product_Detail.asp?hidP_kind=MOB&hidP_style=Jade&hidP_style_ID=J3316

http://www.jasminebridal.com/ugC_Product_Detail.asp?hidP_kind=MOB&hidP_style=Jade&hidP_style_ID=J3316
  • kazzari
    Options
    Well, can a mother-of-the bride join? My daughter is getting married June 23. I ordered my dress in February but it is not due in until May 7. It should fit, but my goal is HOT mother-of-the bride, so I'll be hitting the gym extra hard.

I give up on editing my image link.
  • kazzari
    Options

I give up on editing my image link.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    http://barijay.com/styles/122/_default.jpg

its soo ms roper from three's company! I love it , its so me!!!

color will be a light sage

that is totally ms. roper:laugh:
  • mammakisses
    Options

http://www.jasminebridal.com/ugC_Product_Detail.asp?hidP_kind=MOB&hidP_style=Jade&hidP_style_ID=J3316

Of course we all have the same goal to look better in our dress for a wedding. Welcome and good luck with your goal.