Hitting the Reset Button

Options
I am totally wiping the slate clean and completely starting over. I have to if I want to do this.......lose weight that is. I am back to my highest weight ever, 227, which is what I started out at like 3 years ago. I have low thyroid and it does seem to matter if you don't get the correct dose of medication to normalize your thyroid. I was gonna wait till after Sept 15th to start "dieting" because that is when I get my TSH checked to see if I'm on the right dose, but I'm feeling so terrible and uncomfortable that I just can't wait. Last summer I was down to 187 so you can see why I have to just hit the reset button, because if I think about it too long I'll drive myself crazy!! So here goes..........RESET !!

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Changing lifestyle is hard and medical problems just make it worse. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You CAN DO THIS!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You've definitely started in the right direction! I had lost weight before my wedding two years ago, and again last summer. I started gaining after my wedding and it's been an uphill battle ever since. I definitely understand your frustration with taking a few steps backwards!!

Congrats on taking your first step and I sure hope you get your thyroid figured out soon!! :flowerforyou:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Great idea! You have hit the RESET button and it's time to take action for yourself! You go girl! You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • momma2boys0609
    Options
    I hear ya hun. I too have hypothyroidism and it does make things a little more difficult. Sometimes it seems impossible. Let's work on this together. I will have my good days and my bad days, but maybe we can help keep each other motivated. Eating something every 2.5-3 hrs seems to make a huge difference as long as its something wholesome. I've been trying to really work at eating 100-200 calories ever 3 hrs and then I obviously eat a few more calories when those times fall at a "meal" time. I still don't go overboard at meal time, but its seems to be helping. I just got serious about this the past 2 days. I'm anxious to see what happens. Someone once told me that because of the hypothyroidism we need to eat smaller more frequent meals even more so in order to keep our metabolism working. Wanna Try it with me and see what happens? We just have to be sure to stay within our limits.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am totally wiping the slate clean and completely starting over. I have to if I want to do this.......lose weight that is. I am back to my highest weight ever, 227, which is what I started out at like 3 years ago. I have low thyroid and it does seem to matter if you don't get the correct dose of medication to normalize your thyroid. I was gonna wait till after Sept 15th to start "dieting" because that is when I get my TSH checked to see if I'm on the right dose, but I'm feeling so terrible and uncomfortable that I just can't wait. Last summer I was down to 187 so you can see why I have to just hit the reset button, because if I think about it too long I'll drive myself crazy!! So here goes..........RESET !!

Love the Reset! I agree just move forward!

Steph
  • vhardwick
    Options
    I have always had trouble losing weight and then keeping it off. The hardest part is keeping it off! You should be proud of yourself that you are taking the steps in the right direction to lose the weight again. Best of luck!