My son

Options

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    wow- emotional stuff. stay strong. one of my kids was a pre-mie.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Your story is a good example of why we should never judge others. We don't know what they have been through. My sister also lost her first son after 12 days due to a chromasome disorder. She has been overweight since that time although she does so many of the right things, eats healthy food, and is a great exerciser. She often has felt that people are repulsed by her size. She was then fortunate to have healthy children, the oldest of which will be married this year. She is still on the road to health and fitness. I am grateful that there are sites such as this one (and Weight Watchers, which she uses) where we can support one another on our journeys. Thank you for sharing your story, and best wishes to your family.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Blessings to you, your wife, your 'lil angel in heaven and your 'lil angel on earth.

Thanks for sharing Aidan's story and your strength. Hugs.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    What strength you have. Happy Birthday & Happy Heaven Birthday to Aiden. So very sorry for your loss. Stay strong.

Your daughter is beautiful & I know you will treasure every moment you have with her. She has a big brother/ guardian angel watching over her from heaven.
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awww... What a heartbreaking but also heartwarming story!.... Thank you for sharing this with us! :heart:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this story!! My mom lost her first born. He was a premature baby and so I can imagine as a parent how you feel. Now my mom works with premature babies and we are big supporters for research, etc. to help premature babies survive! This was very touching! Thanks for sharing!
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Aiden! As a parent I just cannot imagine the heartbreak of losing a child. I'm so sorry for your family's loss even though I realize the words do nothing to heal the pain.

You daughter is so beautiful! I just want to eat her up (not literally but you know what I mean) :smooched:

I think your ticker is a beautiful tribute to your son :heart:
  • BrionyTallis
    BrionyTallis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What a gorgeous daughter you have! And what an inspirational story you've shared! Happy birthday to your son!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, this was very touching. I can not imagine what you went through.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Aidan!

Thank you for sharing. I am so sorry that little Aidan was taken so soon from you & your wife. And I thankful for you that your baby girl is now your precious blessing!

Stories like your's have always touched me, but now that I'm a mom, I can't control my emotions when it comes to kids. I really cannot imagine losing a child. My grandma has lost two adult children (one being my mother) and she has talked many times about how losing child is the worst pain. I've said a little prayer for you and your wife.

I hope your family has a wonderful day today.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Beautifully written tribute to your son. So sorry for your loss xx

Your daughter is so beautiful and I'm sure your son is watching over his little sister (((hugs))) xx
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    You needed to celebrate your children, both of them. Even though you have had personal struggles you have an awesome family. You will reach your goal and be proud of yourself..
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    Today is the two year anniversary of the day my son was born. Unfortunately it was also the day he died. He was born prematurely, and went through a difficult pregnancy, so his lungs were not developed enough to breath upon delivery. He lived just shy of a hour and died in my arms. Moving on with life in general after such an occurance seemed inconceivable. I gained weight, was always depressed and (I'm ashamed to say) dreamt of killing myself on a daily basis.

Then one day I decided that I didn't want to live that way anymore. I started dieting and exercising. The pounds started falling off and I was feeling good about my outward appearance for the first time in years.

Then my wife got pregnant again and it wasn't long before the same complications that resulted in my sons death started to re-occure with this pregnancy. The fear and dread we felt for the unknown future of this child was overwhelming. And once again I started turning to food as a cure all for feeling better. I ended up gaining around 30 pounds over a six month period and reaching an all time high for my weight. I'm extremely glad to say that although my daughter did get delivered early via c-section and had to stay in an NICU for over 7 weeks. This is her today! She and my son are the reasons I'm trying again to lose weight and live healthy.

64c31df6.jpg

I'm not totally sure why I'm writing this post. I guess I just wanted to honor the memory of my little boy and share it with others. Also maybe because there have been a few members of MFP have approached me recently due to the picture on my ticker, so I'm sure there are similar stories out there to mine and I know how hard it is to talk about.

Happy birthday Aidan!

*Hard to type through the flood of tears from reading this but here goes*

You are such an inspiration as well as a survivor of every parent's worst fears.

Thank you for sharing your story and I applaud you for your strength to come back from the horrible dark place depression is.

You have an amazing reason to stay strong and healthy now!

Your baby girl is so beautiful and an amazing precious gift!

:heart:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Both of your children are gorgeous, and I thank you for sharing your story with us. You are a great example of some of the trials we all have to overcome. Some bigger than others, some emotional, some physical, but you show that all difficulties can be conquered. Thank you for that. Happy birthday to Aiden, and congratulations on your beautiful little girl! :flowerforyou:
  • 20danielle12
    20danielle12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You and your wife are great examples (to me anyway) of courage, love, determination, and inner strength. Your daughter is blessed to have you both for parents. She's beautiful.

- a father of four girls

Beautifully put, I couldn't agree more. Yuor post moved me to tears, Happy Birthday to Aiden xxx Your daughter is utterly scrummy!

xxx
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    The Tiny Rosebud
    The Master Gardener from Heaven above
    Planted a seed in the garden of love
    And from it grew a rosebud small
    That never had time to open at all
    For God in His perfect and all wise way
    Chose this rose for his heavenly bouquet
    So think of your darling with the angels above
    Secure and contented and surrounded by love
    And remember that God blessed and enriched your lives too
    For in dying, your darling brought Heaven closer to you.
    ~Author Unknown

To hold a child in your hands and knowing you will never know them is pain no one should feel
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss but so glad you have your healthy daughter. I have a 10 year old daughter myself. One motivation I find is to be able to do things with my daughter... play softball, etc. Good reason to stay healthy.
  • claireyf12
    claireyf12 Posts: 106
    Options
    Really moving story, I admire your courage, thanks for sharing and good luck wih your MFP journey. Your little girl is beautiful xxx
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    It's devastating to lose a child so early, but I'm glad you're here today and so is your daughter. Your son would be proud in knowing his dad has chosen life and health to make sure he's there for his sister.

My mother lost her first child, I'm not even sure she was far along enough to have it be called a miscarriage, and she went through months of sorrow and weight gain. When she had me and I came out alright even though there was a risk due to her being over forty and overweight, she lost a lot of weight and worked hard for me. I also have a friend who lost her daughter shortly after birth and she honors her birthday every year, calling the child her Angel Baby because even though she's not on earth, she is still being taken care of in Heaven.

Be strong and cherish it all. The dead are only truly gone when they are forgotten.
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It's OK to "exhale" when you've been through such a tragedy. But God blessed you with the most beautiful little girl. Continue on your journey, not only for your own sake, but for your daughter's sake. It will be wonderful to some day see pictures of you walking your daughter down the isle on her wedding day! :flowerforyou: