2nd week on here

Options
Last week was my first week and I was super motivated. I was up early on MWF to get my cardio in before getting the kids ready for school and I went walking on Thursday evening for over an hour and I was very good about my calories.

And so far I'm doing fine this week but I'm just tired. Like exhausted tired.
Should I just push thorugh this week, is it just my body adjusting to the new routine?

I am netting about 1500 calories everyday (whether I exercise or not) and I'm getting a good range of carbs, fats, and proteins.... like my diet seems to be pretty evenly balanced.

Replies

• 2kaizen
    Options
    Hi Katie,

What's the alternative? To go back to the way things were? I know the feeling well ... and what I've tried to do (with some success) is get more sleep and drink more water. But I've been more or less exhausted for the last 12 years.

Personally ... I think it's the kids - they wear me out!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do remember the first few weeks of being on this site and decreasing my calories, I was DEFINETELY more tired than normal. I am no doctor, but I would also think it is the bodies way of adjusting to the lack of carbs/sugars ect.

Don't worry it will get better. :flowerforyou:

Keep up the good work and you will see results that are beyond exciting!
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Your body will fight you tooth and nail against change! Thats why people plateau too. You body is very comfortable with the junk you put in it, and it takes a while to get it "trained" to act differently and react differently. Don't get discouraged! You may need to up your vitamin intake to boost your energy, or you may just need some extra sleep. Make sure you take some time for some good stretching ( if you happen to have a rec center nearby, they sometimes offer yoga for cheap) and treat your body to a bubble bath or something soothing. :drinker: good luck and welcome!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    try eating some or all of your exercise calories.