How to boost metabolism?

Options

Replies

• toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    phentermine??? People die from that stuff. I thought they outlawed phentermine!
  • westn
    westn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great!
  • arsalak
    arsalak Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It is not used in UK at all. So I am not sure why people are taking it in US. I am very surprised about it. Only medicine which is recommended is Orlistat.
  • hsrunningmom
    hsrunningmom Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    @schlange11.... Thanks for that info. I can see based on your profile/pic/and results that you know much about this. I appreciate the help.
  • pdkc1
    pdkc1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks! Bump!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    It is not used in UK at all. So I am not sure why people are taking it in US. I am very surprised about it. Only medicine which is recommended is Orlistat.
    Fen-Phen is deadly and was taken off the market, not Phentermine. Phentermine is a drug that's been approved by the FDA since 1952. I think 60 years is long enough to be sure that under a physician's care, one might be able to safely take this drug.
  • thegoya
    thegoya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CoachB6
    CoachB6 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    While you may be skeptical to some of these, there are things on this list that are true!

Also in regards to ice cold water, it also ups your metabolism because the water naturally cools your internal temperature. In turn, your body has to "work" to get back to a normal temperature...hence more calorie burn.
  • smcesko
    smcesko Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!
  • lilababb
    lilababb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Chile pepper: 1 tablespoon of chopped red or green chile pepper can boost metabolic rate by 20%. The effect lasts 1/2 hour. Recommend take 20 minutes before eating. The "hotter" the better. Chile pepper causes a thermobaric reaction — that's why you feel hot. It burns calories to make you hot!

This is the same misinterpretation that allows the infrared sauna makers to claim their products burn calories. Just because you feel hot and are sweating doesn't mean your metabolic rate has increased. The active ingredient in most hot peppers passes through your body undigested - why do you think you get ring sting after eating really spicy food?
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump for later reading..Sounds like a lot of good info..
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    good read
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    good
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options

FISH OIL: EPA and DHA, the omega-3 fatty acids found only in fish oil, may have the power to dramatically boost your metabolism -- by about 400 calories per day, researchers from the University of Western Ontario report. Fish oil increases levels of fat-burning enzymes and decreases levels of fat-storage enzymes in your body. For the best metabolism boosting benefit, choose capsules containing at least 300 milligrams of EPA and DHA total.

I take this for depression. I have, uh, oily stools. I don't know if my body isn't absorbing the pills or other fats I'm eating.

Make sure you are taking the fish oil with a meal and you can also add a digesive enzyme to help your body digest the fish oil...
  • gsdx7
    gsdx7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Exercise in the morning,is also what my doctor has told me. I find this to be true, Set you clocks to get up 45 min. early and walk 30 you will fill great all morning long
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    bump...thanks for the info
  • boys3girl1
    Options
    Bump:smile::smile: