Do Not Reward Yourself With Food… You Are Not A Dog

Options
YOU ARE HUMAN. REWARD YOURSELF WITH THIS:

1.Go for a walk on a beautiful day (truthfully, this is my favorite. Time to think and time to feel better!)
2.Get a manicure and/or pedicure
3.Have a massage (okay, maybe this one is my favorite….)
4.Go to a movie
5.Buy a new shirt/skirt/outfit/shoes
6.Buy a new workout DVD
7.Buy a new book
8.Read a magazine
9.Window shop
10.Rent a movie
11.Give yourself a facial
12.Have a girl’s/boy’s night out with friends
13.Take the dog to a dog park
14.Buy new workout clothes or shoes
15.Take a drive
16.Go fishing
17.Go for a hike
18.Go rock climbing
19.Do something you’ve been a little afraid to do
20.Hang out with a kid who could use a friend
21.Volunteer
22.Visit a friend you haven’t seen in ages
23.Buy yourself some flowers ( I do this a lot)
24.Go berry/apple/fruit picking
25.Walk through a farmer’s market and just enjoy the people
26.Buy craft supplies
27.Buy some new makeup
28.Get a new haircut or color
29.Journal
30.Meditation/Yoga

Continue adding your own...

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/do-not-reward-yourself-with-food-you-are-not-a-dog/#more-14725

Replies

• mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I saw this title and thought, awww, *kitten*. You're so right. LOVE this thread!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I reward myself by not stressing about it over the weekends . . . generally it comes in the form of drink . . . woof (I have been told I can be a bit of a ***** after all)
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Handbags. Or a lie-in in the morning.

Great thread title!
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    I agree for the most part, but I do think that sometimes it is necessary/okay to reward yourself with food. If you've been dieting and exercising and doing super well, you should feel free to let yourself have that slice of cake or that bowl of ice cream, especially if it fits into your budget for the day. If you deprive yourself of something, it leads to the danger of a binge or low spirits. Every now and then, a treat makes you feel like what you're doing is worthwhile. Be proud of yourself and don't feel ashamed for eating something "unhealthy" because you've earned it.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Play in the yard with your children!
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    I can't afford most of that. I have to reward myself some how though. Does chasing wife around house count?
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!!
  • melinda_great
    melinda_great Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    love this!
  • finallyFIT_ForMe
    Options
    Good post!
  • AmateurSurgeon
    Options
    i reward myself with a feast after a good workout.
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    I may not be a dog, but I'm also not rich, which takes out over half your list. D:
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I can't afford most of that. I have to reward myself some how though. Does chasing wife around house count?

Well, wouldn't that count as exercise?
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I may not be a dog, but I'm also not rich, which takes out over half your list. D:

Im right there with you... our $$ here is Tight (with a capital T) since I I have chosen to stay home with my son instead of work..
    (at least until he start school...

I did manage to wrangle up a few $$ to dye my hair tonight though :blushing:
    as far as what to reward yourself with, I reward myself ONE day a week with NO exercize. I have a rest day :bigsmile:
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options

Im right there with you... our $$ here is Tight (with a capital T) since I I have chosen to stay home with my son instead of work..
    (at least until he start school...

I did manage to wrangle up a few $$ to dye my hair tonight though :blushing:
    as far as what to reward yourself with, I reward myself ONE day a week with NO exercize. I have a rest day :bigsmile:

Same here - my fiance works for minimum wage, & I'm a freelance artist. I don't have the money to blow on massages, pedicures, & flowers. I'd rather reward myself with something useful, like new walking shoes (if I have the money to spend), or a day to relax.
    Heh, I always seem to find money to dye my hair though - Priorities & all that XD
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

In my house, it does tonight ;-)
  • TurtleTurtle1975
    Options
    WOW! This title hit home! Yikes! I do this all the time! Hdmmm...time to think of some new things. As to those who say they can't afford things like a mani/pedi -> do it at home! Soak in the tub, some apricot scrub, a pumice stone, some nice polish and lotion after. I bet you have most of that stuff laying around or can get for cheap at a dollar store or Walmart. Give yourself a facial too! Men, you can aslo do this! But any reward that's not food, is a good reward.