30 Day Shred Tips

Options
I would love to know what you shredders out there did to be successful, how did you go about doing the tapes? Level one on one day level two on the other. See, because, I'm planning on purchasing this on iTunes and playing it on my Apple TV and I'm pretty curious. I don't think there are any guides that come with the download...

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'd like some tips too. I will be starting 30DS on the first. I'm pretty souped about it!
    One thing I have picked up readng other threads about it. It seems that 3lb weights are the best option for starting out.
  • dbluejean
    dbluejean Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Since the levels go up in their intensity, maybe do Level One for 10 days, then Level Two for 10, then Level Three for 10.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the 30 day in 2-3 years now. But I started with level 1 and stayed there until I worked up to level 2, and then 3. I did it in 30 days and hurt my knee. But I was stronger! Level 3 is just ridiculous! Even for the ladies on the DVD looked tired. But it really will whip you into shape. Best advice: listen to your body and do what is best for you.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Since the levels go up in their intensity, maybe do Level One for 10 days, then Level Two for 10, then Level Three for 10.

this. I also only did it M-F so my body could recover a little. I still did yoga on saturdays though.. sunday is my day off :wink:
  • BlowYourMind
    Options
    Yes! I airplayed the free YouTube level one of the 30 D.S onto my telly and was pretty stoked that I could give it a shot and ,yes, I used the three pound weights as well! :happy:
  • amkelley
    amkelley Posts: 81
    Options
    I had the best results the month I did a different level everyday. 1 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, 3 Wednesday, 1 Thursday, etc. I also walked about 30-45 minutes several days a week in addition. Even if you do it the 10 days on each level you will lose some weight and get toned regardless.
  • BlowYourMind
    Options
    Me as well!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I will be starting 30DS When I get the OK from my docs (had a c-section 4 weeks ago) and I plan on doing 10 days each.Hence the 30 days.
  • BlowYourMind
    Options
    You look very much in shape! Is that what did it for you and you've been maintaining with new workouts?
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I did ten days of each level but spread it over almost two months, not one. I had trouble with both knee and ankle pain starting in level two, so taking an alternate rest day worked for me. I know many people report knee trouble - it can be very hard on your joints if your form is not always correct. I have very, very strong ankles (years of wearing, and occasionally sprinting over cobbblestone streets) in stilettos, so I was taken aback at how quickly I developed joint pain.

My advice would be that at the first hint of sore joints, take a rest day, and next time do one rep for every two the ladies on the DVD do, and focus on your form. And if you're too tied to maintain your form at the end of each set, stop early. Damaging your joints is not worth the few extra cals you might burn from going for a full minute on each exercise. If you just have muscle soreness though, push on and it will resolve on its own after a few days.

Even with my modified schedule, I had quite good results - there are results pics on my profile if you want to see. I used a combo of 3 and 10 lb weights.