late night dinner

Options
apprelaw
apprelaw Posts: 15 Member
Just wondering if all the hype about eating Donner before 6pm is true! I usually average eating dinner between 9pm - 11pm. Its 9:21pm and I'm about to eat dinner! am i shooting myself in the foot here?

Replies

• pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm having dinner right now and I will in be in bed within the next hour. Don't eat too close to bedtime if it makes you uncomfortable to sleep, other than that, no right or wrong.
  • hwesp
    hwesp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist actually recommended eating later (for me 6 to 8 pm) to help curb my night time snacking (my worst eating habit). It has been a huge benefit. As far as I know there is nothing to the time you eat, its all about calories in and calories out.
  • c_bruna07
    c_bruna07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't think our bodies can tell what time we are eating at, and we don't automatically "reset" at midnight. I do think it makes it a little
    Uncomfortable to sleep If you eat too close to bedtime...just an opinion :)
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    My normal Dinner time is always between 8 and 9...I just finished my dinner and it is 8:40 pm here. Calories in...calories out, that's what matters. :smile:
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Human culture invented the concept of 'time' as a means to understand and put the unknown world into order-- our bodies don't give a rat's keester about what time it is outside. Just be wary of eating too soon before bed-- as someone else said, it can make for uncomfortable sleeping.

Best wishes!
  • chloemoet
    Options
    Hi apparently your natural metabolism gets slower after 5 o clock so your supposed to have your bigger meals early in the day and something like protein and vegetables in the evening and keep your carbohydrates ie cereals bread pasta potatoes for breakfast and lunch.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I usually try and eat my last thing before 7pm only because I know that after that hour I will not be as active as I have been throughout the day. So I don't need as much fuel I guess. My trainer has me drink a protein drink before bed on heavy lift days because he said that's where the body will repair and build muscle.
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Your body really doesn't care what time it is when you eat. If you have enough calories and like eating dinner late, then eat dinner late. When I worked nights, my meals were completely shifted, and I didn't gain an ounce (anecdotal, but it proved to me it doesn't matter). I find, personally, eating too close to bedtime gives me heartburn, so I avoid it, but your metabolism doesn't care when you eat. Just eat whenever you feel hungry/want. Also, the above post about your metabolism slowing down after 5 pm, it's not true. There's been no difference in weight found in people who ate big in the morning and people who ate big at night.