Any P90X Success Stories?

Options
I have several friends that have done this program and I know that it works...My question is... can someone that has NEVER worked out ( until the last 6 weeks) and is 38 years old...do this program?

My goal is to get fit-period! An I want it more than anything! Any successful stories would be GREATLY appreciated- especially if you are 35 or older... Thanks!

Replies

• golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My wife completed what your describing last year. 90% is mental, and not making excuses. Keep pushing play no matter what
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I don't consider myself a success story but I am a working progress lol.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/570791-day-45-pics
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Lost 27 pounds in 90 days doing P90x.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    My wife completed what your describing last year. 90% is mental, and not making excuses. Keep pushing play no matter what

Thank you.. I have figured out that it is really 98% mental... I know I am not a spring chicken and wasnt sure if it was possible. Thanks!
  • sthrnchick
    Options

i think you can call it successful now!
  • sthrnchick
    Options

Thank you!
  • sthrnchick
    Options

Thank you!

Sorry, hit button too fast... and awesome job!
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options

i think you can call it successful now!

Thanks!
  • mjvasko
    mjvasko Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm on day 74, and I'm down 20 - 21 pounds. Like someone above me said, it's just pushing play, and staying motivated.
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    I'm on day 74, and I'm down 20 - 21 pounds. Like someone above me said, it's just pushing play, and staying motivated.

Thank you! I needed the push and assurance I guess!
  • nehauck
    nehauck Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not to say I don't like P90X, I do. I took a break from it after about 6 weeks because I couldn't complete one pull-up or do pushups on my toes even though I had worked with The Firm weight tape videos on and off for the past 10+ yrs. That and I had to have knee sx last November due to overuse. Just recently started NROLW (New Rules of Lifting for Woman) and LOVE it! Within 2 weeks of the program, all my push ups are from plank position and I feel so much stronger then I ever have with either The Firm or P90X!

Good luck with whatever program you choose!
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not to say I don't like P90X, I do. I took a break from it after about 6 weeks because I couldn't complete one pull-up or do pushups on my toes even though I had worked with The Firm weight tape videos on and off for the past 10+ yrs. That and I had to have knee sx last November due to overuse. Just recently started NROLW (New Rules of Lifting for Woman) and LOVE it! Within 2 weeks of the program, all my push ups are from plank position and I feel so much stronger then I ever have with either The Firm or P90X!

I'm in week 8 of P90X. I've seen some results, but not as much as I could have hoped for. I like it a lot, but I am getting a little bored with it. I also have had similar results with not improving my push-ups and pull-ups. When you don't get better at something like that despite all your effort, it can get a little disheartening.

I am planning on finishing the program, though. I am a little intimidated by going to gyms, so I hope it will provide a base and I won't feel like a wimpy, chunk monster when I go to get a gym membership. Hehe.

I also just bought the New Rules, and am planning to switch to that and running after P90X is finished. I used to be a regular runner, but I am getting back into it slowly by doing c25k, which I will be completing around the same time I finish P90x...

Anyway... Long story short... I would say absolutely you can do P90X, because there are modification options. I would buy it second hand somewhere though. The nice thing about it is that you don't need too much equipment and you can do it in your own home when you have the time. After that, you'll have a nice base if you want to start at a gym or go into different activities.
  • sthrnchick
    Options

Thank you from a woman's point of view... I just started NROLW .... the reason I was asking about P90X is because I know it gives awesome results... I have seen them in person... but being a little more advanced in age than the 20 year old... my knees are always a problem.
  • sthrnchick
    Options

I'm in week 8 of P90X. I've seen some results, but not as much as I could have hoped for. I like it a lot, but I am getting a little bored with it. I also have had similar results with not improving my push-ups and pull-ups. When you don't get better at something like that despite all your effort, it can get a little disheartening.

I am planning on finishing the program, though. I am a little intimidated by going to gyms, so I hope it will provide a base and I won't feel like a wimpy, chunk monster when I go to get a gym membership. Hehe.

I also just bought the New Rules, and am planning to switch to that and running after P90X is finished. I used to be a regular runner, but I am getting back into it slowly by doing c25k, which I will be completing around the same time I finish P90x...

Anyway... Long story short... I would say absolutely you can do P90X, because there are modification options. I would buy it second hand somewhere though. The nice thing about it is that you don't need too much equipment and you can do it in your own home when you have the time. After that, you'll have a nice base if you want to start at a gym or go into different activities.

Thank you, again very useful info.. and worth thinking about more I guess....
  • sthrnchick
    Options

Great job BTW!
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    How about starting at the age of 52 and not having done any form or exercise for 12 years prior to that... I have since completed 2 full rounds of P90X and am currently in my last week of P90X2. I can now do pull ups like there is no tomorrow and push ups are no problem.
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    How about starting at the age of 52 and not having done any form or exercise for 12 years prior to that... I have since completed 2 full rounds of P90X and am currently in my last week of P90X2. I can now do pull ups like there is no tomorrow and push ups are no problem.
    Well are you just inspiring! Thank YOU! And AWESOME job....
  • sherylcj
    sherylcj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 40, will be 41 in July. I love P90X. I don't do the exact program. I don't do it everyday, I don't do the diet. But I have been extermely happy with the results. Was just trying to lose weight so I've focused mainly on the cardio routines and the calorie burners like plyo. I've just started adding Core, Ab ripper and Yoga. I've noticed quick results in terms of strength. And, I after about two weeks of Core, I can do push ups. My goal is not to get "ripped" it's to be healthy. I got a little bored so I've ordered the P90X plus which I haven't started yet. But I will say that I am completely sold on Tony Horton and P90X. Even for old ladies like us!
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    I am 40, will be 41 in July. I love P90X. I don't do the exact program. I don't do it everyday, I don't do the diet. But I have been extermely happy with the results. Was just trying to lose weight so I've focused mainly on the cardio routines and the calorie burners like plyo. I've just started adding Core, Ab ripper and Yoga. I've noticed quick results in terms of strength. And, I after about two weeks of Core, I can do push ups. My goal is not to get "ripped" it's to be healthy. I got a little bored so I've ordered the P90X plus which I haven't started yet. But I will say that I am completely sold on Tony Horton and P90X. Even for old ladies like us!

AWESOME! I can do 2 or 3 push ups tops right now... guess thats why I am a little intimidated! Awesome for you doing the program... very initimidating!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options

^^^^ This, I did the same, wasn't getting any results and P90X also takes a great deal of time (6 x week for 1.5 hours a day). I have much better results with NROLFW and only weight train 3x a week. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!