Reallllly want to eat something right now!

Options
It isn't just a craving, I am seriously hungry. Empty pit in stomach hunger and I shouldn't be. I found this site a few days ago and love it, but have been at this a couple of weeks and have been doing really well. I have stayed below my calories because I have exercised every day this week. I allowed Sat. to be my day to eat what I want, no huge blow out or anything. Today, I am over by 300 cals. I have eaten 1600 cals and I took today off exercise. So if I ate more today than any day this week, why am I literally feeling my stomach growl??? Maybe I should just go to bed....

Replies

• coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Have some yoghurt, it will settle your hunger and might even help you to sleep. Well that's what I do anyway if I feel very hungry at night.

The stomach growling doesn't always necessarily mean hunger. From mayo clinic:
    Stomach noise — such as rumbling, gurgling and growling — typically is due to normal digestion. Stomach growling can occur when you're hungry. But it can also occur after eating or between meals when food is being digested.
  • c_muschany
    c_muschany Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is that empty feeling, not necessarily a growl... Thanks! I am trying to ignore it.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry, eat food. Seriously, if your body needs something. Give it. This isn't about starving and making yourself miserable. Tomorrow is another day.

In addition, you might want to take a look at your goal settings. If you have it set to losing 2lbs per week, change that.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    have maybe a few almonds....or a little greek yogurt.

....or yeah, just hit the sack.
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat. If you were under calories every other day this week, then going over 1 day is not going to hurt you. In fact, it might even help you (so your body doesn't get used to eating X amount and start thinking that is normal and then you plateau).

Your weight loss is set per week, not per day. As long as you are still under for the week, you should still be okay.
  • c_muschany
    Options
    I know, thanks ladies. I'm not sure why I am letting this get to me. I told myself that one day a week I could eat what I want. For some reason, I think it is because I am actually tracking it and logging it in.... I am freaking myself out. When I did WW, I was fine with not logging that day. Ugh...
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I agree with all. Please eat, just something enough to get rid of that empty feeling in your stomach. It is not good to be hungry and from my own experience, if I go too long on an empty stomach the ravenous hunger will only lead me to bingeing.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone that says eat. I was eating 1200 to 1300 a day and then a few days I averaged more like 1500 to 1600 and I almost immediately dropped 2.5 pounds and it has stayed off for a few days now, so I'm actually reevaluating my calorie needs. 1300 is most likely under your bmr and that would be why you are hungry. Just have something small and a cup of tea or hot water :)
  • c_muschany
    Options
    But it's 11:44!!!!! Ha!
  • c_muschany
    Options
    I ate an orange.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I ate an orange.