dont be THAT guy at the gym...video!

Options
OKAY this video is utterly hilarious. theres the noob, the show-off, the meathead, the coach, and the face. ive seen all of these people but omg...this video made me crack up. its SO TRUE:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-91_iXATY8

to add to this i would also put in the ditzy hot girl, who lifts 3 pound dumbells and spends 2 hours on the elliptical with no incline or resistance. you know, those `i dont wanna get bulky` girls lmfao. who would you add?

Replies

• 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Some funny stuff right there!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Funny...thanks for sharing!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I saw the vid yesterday, couldn't stop laughing!!! I watched it again this morning :)
  • SabrinaR10
    Options
    Crying! Thanks for sharing!
  • DoBetterDrea
    DoBetterDrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Soooooo funny! LOL!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    haha :)

the girl who wears only a sports bra and spandex shorts who basically just walks the track and talks to the guys :X we have one at my gym and she's probably like, 40 years old.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    =(
    I have to concentrate really hard not to be the face =/
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Now I'm trying to figure out which one I am, I'm not longer the noob, a bit of the coach because I hate it when people don't clean up!!! And I do try and help someone I see has horrible form so they don't get hurt.
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    the morbidly obese person that I see EVERY day of my gym life, sweating her guts out (which i feel so proud of her) and then buying a bottle of coke and a chocolate bar (then i just get annoyed with her) . OR what i like to call "the poser" the girls who has long length hair, which she clearly blow dries before gym, and leaves it loose- only to spend an hour on the elliptical trainer checking in the mirror in front of her which guys are checking her out.
    Haha, makes me LOOOLLL!
  • eodvarka
    eodvarka Posts: 30
    Options
    Most of the guys at my gym are meatheads and *kitten* who hit on all the ladies. LOL.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I am sad because I have realized I am the Face. :sad:
  • SteveO5198
    Options
    I seem to always be at the gym during "inappropriate grunting" guys workout! LOL I know a lot of us tend to let out some noise during a tough workout, but come on man!!
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options

^this!! LOL!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I was shaking my head the whole way up until 'the showoff'. Then I gave him the nod of approval. Lol.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So funny!
    My gym has 2 categories of people that for me, just stick out like a sore thumb and make me smile (because laughing would be rude...lol):
    - The "look at me" men : Those that spend more time walking across the gym flexing than working out (and if they could go shirtless, they would be in heaven).
    - The "Princesses" : Those that I see in the change room reapplying their make-up and doing their hair BEFORE they go do their workout. I'm not downplaying it here: curling irons, hairspray...the works!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I loved the video. The showoff really lived up to his name. I wish I could be that badass..... while being modest I mean.

Also I didn't realize it, but I tend to hang with quite a few meatheads in the gym. They aren't so bad in small doses. XD
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    OKAY this video is utterly hilarious. theres the noob, the show-off, the meathead, the coach, and the face. ive seen all of these people but omg...this video made me crack up. its SO TRUE:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-91_iXATY8

to add to this i would also put in the ditzy hot girl, who lifts 3 pound dumbells and spends 2 hours on the elliptical with no incline or resistance. you know, those `i dont wanna get bulky` girls lmfao. who would you add?

Does the meat head even lift?
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Oh, I almost forgot the ultimate category: The "yeah, I'm THAT good" guys.
    This breed of gym members can only be observed when they use weight machines. They are the ones who, right before leaving a machine will up the weight (they try to do this when no one is looking...but often fail) to give the impression they lifted more.

Really, who else care's what you lift???
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

Me too. T_T
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    LOL I loved this! I would add the girls (they always come in pairs) who spend five minutes each doing exactly ten reps with 2-pound dumbells, then 20 minutes checking their makeup in the mirror before they move on to the next machine. We seem to have all the athletes/cheerleaders from the local high school...