Can you save calories for the week?

Options
Hi lovely guys & girls

I have had a fantastic week and one day where I had nowhere near enough calories unfortunately because my little girl was sick and I was stressed to bits.

Today, I have 200 calories left but on my weekly allowance I have 1000 calories left. Can I eat some of these today? I'm not sure whether you can "save" calories for a few days in advance??!

Thanks a lot for your help ;)) and happy losing! Xx

Replies

• MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    I've wondered this as well. Like if one day is very indulgent, can you up up the next day by extra exercise and lower net calories? I'm not sure if it's bad to be below bmr either way, or if it's ok to even it out over the course of a few days.

I'll look forward to hearing answers!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yes. That's how I do my "free day". But. Lately, I go over everyday, so it hasn't been working out for me. Mostly because of wine, chocolate, and cookies. Eh, life could be worse.
  • greene89
    greene89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat good food @ 1200 cals a day mon-thursday sat and sun.
    On friday I eat 1800 of w/e I want. ( this usually is the day that I drink a few beer)

This way I am not eating too much over my calories )\on my cheat day (500 over) but I am eating junk food or w/e I want.

BUT most importantly !!!! I WORKOUT in the morning of my cheat day !
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I don't do a daily goal, I do a weekly goal. I keep track if I have calories leftover from day to day, so if I eat less one day (I never really have less than 100 calories leftover from a day, but it can add up if it is a couple days in a row) and more another day I am not really over.
  • JamesOfLondon
    JamesOfLondon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a "cheat meal" once or twice a week.

Especially if it's the thing that keeps you on plan / sane.

Just don't go TOO crazy...
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    When you do weight watchers they give you so many extra calories a week to eat so if you go over on a day you still have those extra points to use.....By doing that it works so I would say it's the same as using your extra calories. I just wouldn't go overboard but I would say go for it and see if you still see results!!!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    yep - this is what i do! i track my calories saved during the week so i can go over on friday or saturday if i want. my main goal is to meet my WEEKLY goals :)
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yay! That's great, thank you all for your comments :)

I have done my 30 DS this morning and I have put the rest of the pizza away as I am full.

Good luck with it all and thanks again :)
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can. It is sooo much easier to meet your weekly goals, rather than you daily goals. I started focusing on weekly goals and I have been on track for 3 weeks now! I never go over my weekly goals. I am about 100 calories under them consistently. This week will probably be even more. Good luck to you!