First place in my first 5k!

Options

Replies

• becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this!! You know I am totally proud of you for what you did, but also what it stands for. I have had many miscarriages, and I have tears streaming down my face right now because I am so proud of you.
  • PrettyLydie
    PrettyLydie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That was so inspiring! Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your success!
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Truly inspiring.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Its people like you, and stories like yours, that have truly made MFP so invaluable to me. I got emotional just reading about your victories on so many levels today. It truly resonated with me. I applaud you on a job well done! Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    GIRL. You rock out loud. Congrats on the AG award--that is terrific!! Toots, you are a success story in every sense of the words, so this was the right place to post this news. Good for you.
  • shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. You look absolutely amazing.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Congrats to you on all your success!
  • hbehrle
    hbehrle Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! I ran a 5k as well today, didn't win a prize, but took 30 sec. off my time from the week before. Thank you for running for such a great cause. It means so much to me, as I am a bereaved parent. I lost my 17 yr. old son almost 3 years ago while were were vacationing at Disney. He suffered a massive brain hemorrhage upon entering the gates of the Magic Kingdom. Two days later he was pronounced brain dead and we donated his organs. My 5k was dedicated to him today, as it was a race raising money for our local transplant organization. So your story really hit home for me, and I was glad to hear of an event raising money to help bereaved families. Also nice to hear of organizations out there that offer support like that. There is nothing here where I live for families like mine.

What a great victory for you today! Oh and it's ok to let that emotion go, it is well deserved!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. It was a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • hailiriley
    hailiriley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is very inspiring. I keep going back and forth on doing a 5k. I need to find motivation and the confidence in myself. This certainly helped!!!
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great job and Congrats!!
  • K1mmer
    K1mmer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Best success story I ever read! Sounds like you have some fantastic support and a great attitude. Thanks for sharing!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    That is just fantastic! Awesome accomplishment.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Must feel amazing! Awesome results and thanks so much for sharing! Getting pumped for my first in May and this definitely is going to help get my booty to the gym today! Whoot!
  • paramedicsarah
    Options
    Well done! I've just finished the Couch to 5k program but still only clocking 4.6k in my 30 minute run. I'm doing a 5k in May so hearing your story is great! :)
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    fantastic achievement.....you should be very proud.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing - very inspirational. Well done you!!!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your inspirational story. And BTW, you look fabulous!!!!!
  • AfonsoSilva
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!