Ladies, what's in your purse!?!?

Options
La1210
La1210 Posts: 99 Member
Ladies we are all very busy and on the go. It's seems my purse is the dumping ground for everything. Today it was feeling really heavy so I decided to clean it out. Here are just a few of the things it contained: a bottle of water, an empty baby bottle (yes my 2yr old is still on the bottle at times, smh), a sand shovel (guess the 2yr old put that in there too), hand sanitizer, a change purse full of change, and get this my husband's wallet!?!? Seriously am I the only one who has this problem????

Replies

• superstankazz
    Options
    What's in my purse......my big fat over-stuffed wallet that is stuffed with cards and papers, about 1 million reciepts, some gum and about 2 pounds worth of pennies jingling around on the bottom.
  • katikamichelleisaac
    Options
    My wallet two pocket knives change ponytail holders and body spray and purrell
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Ladies we are all very busy and on the go. It's seems my purse is the dumping ground for everything. Today it was feeling really heavy so I decided to clean it out. Here are just a few of the things it contained: a bottle of water, an empty baby bottle (yes my 2yr old is still on the bottle at times, smh), a sand shovel (guess the 2yr old put that in there too), hand sanitizer, a change purse full of change, and get this my husband's wallet!?!? Seriously am I the only one who has this problem????

are you really THAT bored?
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    What's in my purse......my big fat over-stuffed wallet that is stuffed with cards and papers, about 1 million reciepts, some gum and about 2 pounds worth of pennies jingling around on the bottom.

Hm, here we go.

My handbag contains...my purse, my keys (including my USB keyring which has my entire life and career on it), my phone, my hairbrush, my umbrella, a cinema ticket, a supermarket receipt, my personal diary and my work diary. some hair ties, three pens, a lip gloss and an SD memory card (the last one is the only thing that shouldn't be in there).
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    ughh too much. I hate having a purse. I wish women's jeans had big pockets like men's do.

My wallet, phone, keys, nail file, like 5 different things of chap stick/lip gloss, a bunch of crumpled up receipts, change (as in coins) that fell out of my wallet lol, gum, birth control, napkins, a happy meal toy for my son, a bottle of some type of pain reliever that my boyfriend left in there, a crayon, powder for my face, knife, and some trash.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I love this game!

• Oversized Wallet with cash, cards, receipts, checkbook, and grocery lists (from 2 weeks ago :P)
    • Day planner with receipts and appointments paper clipped inside of it.
    • 1/2 eaten pack of Hall's Cool Breezers :D
    • Medium sized bottle of Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion.
    • Makeup bag.
    • Notepad and pens.
    • Lip balm, Advil and a pill case.
    • 2 pairs of earbuds.
    • Change purse that will barely zip.
    • A purse hanger, some Craisins, and some medical tape.
    • Cigarette holder filled with coupons.
    • Pack of gum and phone stylus.

Lots and lots, lol!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    My bag is quite organised and clean lol!
    I have my purse, iphone, chewing gum, lipstick, paracetamol, asda receipt, tissues and my work pass x
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    my keys, my wallet (which has my license, health insurance cards, store cards, bank card, and random coupons), my phone, a book, a nail file, an eyeglass repair kit, some emergency girly things, ibuprofen, a pen, a pencil, chap stick a travel hair brush, a small jar of coco butter, hair elastic, a travel size tube of lotion, some old keys that I have no use for, some old paystubs, and a bunch of random stuff I printed off the computer at work to read later.... I think that's everything

Oh! Just found a stray tube of lipstick!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i carry my life in my purse at times! lol right now i have my wallet, some platic forks :laugh:, tanning lotion and goggles, deodorant, a bar of organic soap i just bought, lip gloss, lotion, a clown nose from the circus, some loose change, hand sanitizer, asprin, gum, lots of receipts, daughters hair bow, some coupons, and a few pens! hahah
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options

It's not really about boredom... they just get so full and all of a sudden you're carrying around 10-12 lbs of junk! :P
  • EdieBird
    EdieBird Posts: 38
    Options
    Wallet, inhaler, epi-pen (in case I run into some seafood), three or four lipsticks I never use, keys, cellphone, Tylenol (I get a lot of headaches!), chapstick, wedding invitations. Those don't stay there. Oh, and some tampons, because even when I don't need them, the girls are work who don't carry purses DO! Also gas receipts, the occasional snack item, and right now, the belt to my favorite dress? Why is that there? I occasionally throw a small crochet project in there, or a book, too.
  • BradyMommy
    BradyMommy Posts: 82 Member
    Options

It's not really about boredom... they just get so full and all of a sudden you're carrying around 10-12 lbs of junk! :P

If my purse weighed 10-12 pounds I would leave it that full and track it as strength training in MFP! :laugh:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    must be a language thing...

here a purse is the thing with money in, and maybe credit cards...

All the other crap goes in a handbag along with the purse...but I don't carry a handbag and all that stuff, I carry a the money in my bra if I have no pocket. I never take make up or anything else for that matter anywhere with me. If I can I get my Husband to carry the money and then I have just my phone, the phone is the vital thing lol
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    keys, a substitute badge, wallet (money, credit card, photos), carmex, nail file, granola bar, string cheese, hand sanitizer, 2 bobbing pins, ibprofen, tampons, and a lens cleaning cloth. not too bad if i do say so myself.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Cell phone, hand sanitizer, key ring w/house and car keys (with more store reward cards than keys), key ring with office keys, kleenex, lint free eyeglass cloth, pens, old grocery lists, wallet (with all kinds of credit and id cards, one photo of my daughter, and no money :/), 1 pillbox that says "medicated and motivated" and contains advil and motrin, 1 pillbox that says "was she in love or was it just allergies?" and contains sudafed and benadryl, Angry Bird bandaids, fem products, 3 lip glosses, business cards (mine and everyone else's), nail clipper, hand lotion, perfume, a necklace that broke last time I wore it, address book, misc paperclips, a small notepad, receipts, a little mirror, gum, cough drops.... I cleaned it out recently and this is all the crap that made it back in!!! LOL
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I only have 3 things in any purse that I carry... My wallet... My lipstick... and... My camera. :)
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I don't carry a purse. With two kids and all their stuff, I already have enough to carry. I Just have my keys, phone, and my debit card in my pockets. Everything else I leave in the car.
  • BritSchuler
    Options
    My purse is my diaper bag too. So I have 4 chap sticks, 3 lip gloss', 2 wrist braces (recently hurt my wrist), gum, fruity ice breakers, feminine products, cuticle cream, nail file, pen, 4 different perfumes, WIC checks, nail polish remover pads, a girl's emergency kit (includes MORE nail polish remover pads, antibacterial moist wipes, Shout wipe and go instant stain remover wipes, mini lint pads, mini nail file, oil blotting sheets, and a baggie with a safety pin and earring backs), my wallet with pictures, ID, store savings cards, library card, insurance, and no money, my son's immunization records, diapers, wipes, A&D ointment, thermometer, gas drops, sski drops, baby orajel swabs, and 5 of his random socks.. Oh, and binkies. =]]
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    What is in my purse? Another purse. I made a purse a few weeks ago, and didn't have the time to switch everything over, so I just dropped the smaller one in the new one. My husband thinks it's weird.

Other than that, the usual stuff, keys, phone, pen, checkbook, cards, receipts, change, ID.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I've never carried a purse, never saw the point when I can fit my ID/cards, keys, and phone into my pockets. But I end up carrying my backpack for law school every day and that weighs 20-30 pounds, depending on the day! That's my laptop, mouse, charger, a few thumb drives, casebooks, loose paper printouts, sweater, a dozen pens, aspirin, hand sanitizer, water bottle, wallet, hairbrush, and earrings (the last two for impromptu networking events). Did I mention that my commute includes a few miles of walking? Let me tell you, I look forward to the weekends!