Plateau-Close to goal Question?

Options
2»

Replies

• cindyluu17
    Options
    I have been struggling with a plateau for about 2 months. I've upped my calories, varied workouts from running to insanity, now I'm trying to zig zag my calories. It's very very frustrating. I plateaued once I went into my healthy BMI level but I'm still about 15 pounds away from pre pregnancy weight. It's bizarre bcuz I went on vacation for 3 days with no workouts and no watching my foods and I still maintained. I've started with net 1200 then upped to 1300 then upped to 1800 then since I work out at least hour 6 days a week, upped to 2000. And I haven't lost or gained. It's so strange. How can I effectively add HIIT to help me?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with a plateau for about 2 months. I've upped my calories, varied workouts from running to insanity, now I'm trying to zig zag my calories. It's very very frustrating. I plateaued once I went into my healthy BMI level but I'm still about 15 pounds away from pre pregnancy weight. It's bizarre bcuz I went on vacation for 3 days with no workouts and no watching my foods and I still maintained. I've started with net 1200 then upped to 1300 then upped to 1800 then since I work out at least hour 6 days a week, upped to 2000. And I haven't lost or gained. It's so strange. How can I effectively add HIIT to help me?

HIIT done right requires a rest day. Actually, most intervals done right do so. If you don't, then your body really doesn't recover and build stronger, and therefore you really didn't get the most from the effort. Then you'll find you can't actually do the effort anymore.

So the day before a rest day, whatever cardio you love to do and feel most efficient about. Outside best, because you can't do this on machine. Intervals you can, HIIT you can't.

Warmup 10 min with low HR, walking if you will be jogging.
    2 min jog.
    Blast off for 15 sec full speed, recovery for 45 sec walking. 8 times.
    10 min slow jog.
    Sprint 1 min, recovery 1 min walking/slow jog. 5 times.
    10 min cooldown walking.

It's like weight lifting.

So, before lately raising calories, where you NET'ing below your BMR most of this time?
    MFP - Tools - BMR Calc and what it means.
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Well, after whining to y'all last night about no loss for 2 weeks, My scale showed 2 lbs. lost this morning! Just 8 lbs. more to my final goal weight. I will be increasing my calories to 1400 a day starting tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that responded. :flowerforyou:
  • cindyluu17
    Options
    Before raising calories Im pretty sure I was eating below BMR most of the time. I wasn't watching too much bcuz I wasn't really aware of my BMR. I had just started website and assumed the 1200 calories I was getting was enOugh :/
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Before raising calories Im pretty sure I was eating below BMR most of the time. I wasn't watching too much bcuz I wasn't really aware of my BMR. I had just started website and assumed the 1200 calories I was getting was enOugh :/

Then your BMR had to slow down, and the body slowed down other daily activity so BMR was left with something.

Net effect, you've been eating a whole lot closer to maintenance level lately than you were originally, so less or no weight loss.

Good job raising the calories. So think about how long it took for the weight loss to become less and less and stop, and it may take that long to get going again.