Ladies: 5'5 135 lbs ?????????? or just advice

Options
Looking for ladies that have similar stats and are trying to lose weight.
I have been stuck, well recently gained 3 lbs.. and can't get rid of it. I know it might be that I'm not doing enough..
but i want to see what you ladies are doing & if it's working for you.

MFP pretty much tells me with what I'm eating and exercising i SHOULD have been at my goal weight months ago lol
but no -_-

I'm eating between 1200-1400 calories daily
exercising 4-5 days a week usually burning 300-400 calories daily. I really wish i would exercise more BUT with having a 2 year old, working 50+ hours a week PLUS my own photography business.. i am exhausted most of the time -_- i know excuses excuses, ugh.

How many calories would i need to burn to finally see results!!!!!????

advise would be much welcomed too =]

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    are you eating exercise cals?

what's your bmr?
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Do you switch up your exercises, or do you do the same thing each time?
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    my bmr is 1,358 calories

sometimes, well most of the time lol am i supposed too?
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    Do you switch up your exercises, or do you do the same thing each time?

i switch it up
    running, elliptical, yoga, 30 DS, just abs
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You're probably not eating enough. You should always eat above your BMR.
    Maybe look up your TDEE and eat closer to that. :)
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    You're probably not eating enough. You should always eat above your BMR.
    Maybe look up your TDEE and eat closer to that. :)

i was eating closer to my TDEE which is 1703 but that's how i gained weight lol
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    Sigh*
    Could stress cause weight gain even if ur eating within your calorie range and exercising ?
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Looking for ladies that have similar stats and are trying to lose weight.
    I have been stuck, well recently gained 3 lbs.. and can't get rid of it. I know it might be that I'm not doing enough..
    but i want to see what you ladies are doing & if it's working for you.

MFP pretty much tells me with what I'm eating and exercising i SHOULD have been at my goal weight months ago lol
    but no -_-

I'm eating between 1200-1400 calories daily
    exercising 4-5 days a week usually burning 300-400 calories daily. I really wish i would exercise more BUT with having a 2 year old, working 50+ hours a week PLUS my own photography business.. i am exhausted most of the time -_- i know excuses excuses, ugh.

How many calories would i need to burn to finally see results!!!!!????

advise would be much welcomed too =]

How much weight are you looking to lose? 135lbs is about right for your height.
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    I want to go back down to 120
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    is 120 realistic based on your current lean mass?

Work out your lean mass here - http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

Once you have your bodyfat % pop it into here - http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/ along with your goal bodyfat%

I'm 4ft 11, and I've seen a lot of people my height aiming at a weight of 110 pounds. I have 100lbs of lean mass, so 110 would be way too low for me as that would be 9% bodyfat.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    For your height, you weight is very normal. Your body isn't going to want to lose weight because you are most likely in a healthy range. If you are really unhappy with your body, I suggest you work on weight lifting to change your body composition and build lean muscle mass.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Try switching out cardio with some weights 2 times a week. No more gym time and you WILL see a difference.

Try this book: The New Rules of Lifting for Women.. (less than $15 on Amazon)

Oh, and yes, the scale might not move for you (muscle does weight more than fat) but inches will tell the story. Promise!
  • shiftclick
    Options
    I agree with others - 135 is a healthy weight for your height. I am the same height, and once I got down to 128 people were commenting that I didn't look healthy. So 135 is a good weight. Can I ask why you feel 135 is too heavy for you?
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    is 120 realistic based on your current lean mass?

Work out your lean mass here - http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

Once you have your bodyfat % pop it into here - http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/ along with your goal bodyfat%

I'm 4ft 11, and I've seen a lot of people my height aiming at a weight of 110 pounds. I have 100lbs of lean mass, so 110 would be way too low for me as that would be 9% bodyfat.

I'm going to get my measurements tonight to do the lean mass.
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    For your height, you weight is very normal. Your body isn't going to want to lose weight because you are most likely in a healthy range. If you are really unhappy with your body, I suggest you work on weight lifting to change your body composition and build lean muscle mass.

i agree, i know my weight is normal but i want to drop down to 120 again, which is still healthy for my height/age...
    i looked my best at that weight and i was toned
    i'm going to start weight lifting... i just don't want to stay this curvy and have muscle built in top of it lol if that makes sense :/
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    Try switching out cardio with some weights 2 times a week. No more gym time and you WILL see a difference.

Try this book: The New Rules of Lifting for Women.. (less than $15 on Amazon)

Oh, and yes, the scale might not move for you (muscle does weight more than fat) but inches will tell the story. Promise!

i will look into the book :) thanks
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    I agree with others - 135 is a healthy weight for your height. I am the same height, and once I got down to 128 people were commenting that I didn't look healthy. So 135 is a good weight. Can I ask why you feel 135 is too heavy for you?

i'm sure it also depends in your body type. i don't look unhealthy at 120-125.
    i know 135 is a healthy/average/good weight. But so is 120-125.
    I don't think 135 is "heavy" just not where i want to be
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    I think it might also be water weight?

would water weight make you feel as if you are bloated ALL the time?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    got on with the strength training now... i found i lost inches like crazy when i first added strength to my routine... so dont worry about building muscle on top of 'curves', you will get smaller with muscle, not bigger! and try not to worry too much about the number. were you 120 before you had children? your body changes, so you might find 120 isnt right for you any more.
  • kimber_av
    kimber_av Posts: 98
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and 134. and I am wanting to be 120 again. thats still within the healthy range so if you feel better at 120 then go for it! You know whats good for you. not what everyone else says.
    I get stuck around here, but the best way I lose... 1200-1300 calories a day, 70oz of water, make sure to balance your protein,carb and fats(dont go over 55. i find fat makes me gain faster than carbs)
    I walk at a good pace for 45 minutes 3-4x a week. and 3 times a week i do a pilates dvd I got from walmart with a resistance band.
    Its that simple. plus I work 50+ hours a week so tahts really all I have time for. but it works for me if I stick to it. Its not super fast weight loss. but you'll see it. and its more a lifestyle than being on some crazy strict diet. I find if i stick to that, i lose the weight and it stays off. if i do anything crazy drastic, it comes off faster, but i quit faster and gain it right back.