todays the day i quit smoking!

Options
so im sick of smoking i wake up and i start coughing and my chest hurts and when i work out i cant push myself to the limits because i cant breath.

so since ive started a healthier life style im going to be all over healthy and do whats best for me.

so wish me luck!!!

Replies

• nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    so im sick of smoking i wake up and i start coughing and my chest hurts and when i work out i cant push myself to the limits because i cant breath.

so since ive started a healthier life style im going to be all over healthy and do whats best for me.

so wish me luck!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Good Luck. I am so proud of you.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, you can do it!
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good for you Nicole.:happy: I have been wanting to put somethin on here because of my smoking.(over 30 years):noway: I'll give you all the support you need.:drinker: STOP STOP STOP:bigsmile:
  • strongmom
    strongmom Posts: 72
    Options
    Good luck! Stick to it, its worth it.
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    YAY!! That is great! My dad stopped smoking cold-turkey after 35 years!! If he can do it, you can do it!! My dad is a HUGE complainer so imagine what I was going through!!

What helped him was the twizzlers!! :oP Find something else to do with your hands.... that is the habit to break!! haha
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    thanks you all for yous support this is going to be hard but best.

they say its best to quit cold turkey bc than it only takes 3 days for nicotine to leave your system!!!

so heres to the hardest 3 days of my life.

and they say when you quit smoking you gain weight so im going to have to have sooooooooo much control from now on.:grumble:
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    good luck thats awesome of you!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I quit 11 months ago.....One year in June! If you need anything at all, I can try to help as much as I can. Good for you and good luck!
  • namaste
    namaste Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision. It's hard, but stick with it and the rewards will be far greater than the sacrifice.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    congrats on making a great decision! i recently quit as well. i haven't bought a pack of cigs in a few weeks now...so not only are my lungs feeling amazing but my wallet is feeling great too!!!!

good luck!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That is great! Good Luck!
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    good luck :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! please keep us updated! No smoking is part of a healthy lifestyle. It will be hard, but if you feel yourself slipping..just post! thats what we are here for, so be sure to tell us your ups and downs so we can help!
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

I smoked for 5 years and tried several times to quit but never really put my heart into it. This year on my birthday I decided it was the best present I could give myself. It's been 23 days and it's getting easier and easier. Well, except when I drink... Stick with it! It's soo worth it!

ps - the people who gain weight after quitting are the ones who get bored and frustrated and turn to food... but if you turn it around and start exercising and realize how much better your lungs start to feel, I bet you won't have a problem. I didn't. But it is soooo hard when I pass my someone else smoking. My mouth actually waters. It's disgusting. :noway:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! The best of luck to you. Several years ago I stayed the night at my sister's house and she got up in the morning and went to the bathroom and just coughed and hacked and coughed on and on and on. It was horrible to listen to her cough like she was about to cough up both lungs. Again the best of luck to you. Keep us informed of your progress so we can keep cheering you on. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Josie23
    Josie23 Posts: 17
    Options
    Good for you. My brother quit smoking and what he found to be helpful was spitz.
    I wish you the Best of Luck:drinker: :drinker:
  • tracypaprocki
    Options
    I quit smoking 2 years ago after smoking for almost 20 years. It has been one of the best things I did for myself. Good luck.
  • enkcott
    enkcott Posts: 29
    Options
    Good Luck! I quit 13 months ago using Chantix and it was the best decision ever! I am so much more able to get a good workout in since I can breathe! :tongue: