Hitting a plateau...

Options
I've been religiously working out and eating usually excellent and having stuff thats "bad" only a few times. But my weight has really stayed the same and I can't get out of it! I've tried changing my workout and trying different types of HIIT (high intensity interval training) but, NOTHING! I'm becoming VERY discouraged :(

Replies

• lorzipoo
    lorzipoo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel the same! I've been stuck at 170 for a month ago and can't get into the 60s! :-(
  • vakaranshah786
    vakaranshah786 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i also was at this stage for a month had a 2 week holiday and ate at my bmr with little or no exercise most days when i came home had a 2lb loss maybe your body needs a change or a break imo
  • ifeeldizzynow
    ifeeldizzynow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was stuck on a plateau for over 2 months and I tried everything but not until I discovered and tried calorie cycling did I break through it, then weight started to just melt off again. Have you tried that?
  • juliemcpersh
    Options
    I am having the same problem, it is kind of discouraging to be exercising every day and tracking all my food and not see any results. argh! I am doing Body Revolution so I feel like I should be seeing SOMETHING.
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I too have been there recently. I started lifting some weights 2x a week to start and it seemed to break the cycle. Keep up the good work!
  • juliemcpersh
    Options
    I was stuck on a plateau for over 2 months and I tried everything but not until I discovered and tried calorie cycling did I break through it, then weight started to just melt off again. Have you tried that?

What is calorie cycling?
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    What's your daily calories intake? You might have to up it. The more intense the workouts, the more food your body will require. How much fiber are you eating a day? How much water are you drinking? Drink more than 8 cups/64oz of water a day. Are you taking rest days, as in doing no exercise? The body needs rest.
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options
    what is calorie cycling ?
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-plateau/MY01152
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/10-ways-to-move-beyond-a-weight-loss-plateau
    http://www.oprah.com/health/Weight-Loss-Advice-Fitness-Plateau-Dr-Katz

Above are a few helpful links. Plateaus are going to happen. Try to shake it up a bit or just ride it out. Some things you can't force and this is one of them. If you are eating at a deficit it will eventually break.
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I feel the same! I've been stuck at 170 for a month ago and can't get into the 60s! :-(

I'm with ya sista! I can't seem to get in the 160's either. Been over a mth. Stuck at 172-173. Bleh...
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too. I upped my calories to 1330 and eat back exercise calories and its working again. I was 1200 which is just way TOO low.