p90x and calorie counting

Hello my name is martha Im a BUSY mom student and full time worker. i have very limited time been tring to do the p90x and just eat healthier.......thinking about doing jullian michaels 30 day shred...... any suggestions!! im a great motivator!!

Replies

• I just finished 30 day shred, I really liked it. Although it was challenging, it was easy to follow.
  • Yes, I highly recommend the 30 Day Shred...i'm a busy mom and full-time business manager and pt promotor for Body By Vi...in the past 1.5 weeks on level 2 i've lost 3 inches each from my bust and waist and 1 inch from my hips......Good Luck and it's only 20 minutes each day so not much to take away from you schedule :D
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Yes, I highly recommend the 30 Day Shred...i'm a busy mom and full-time business manager and pt promotor for Body By Vi...in the past 1.5 weeks on level 2 i've lost 3 inches each from my bust and waist and 1 inch from my hips......Good Luck and it's only 20 minutes each day so not much to take away from you schedule :D

So you did that with just the shred or body by vi too?
    Is there somewhere I can learn about this body by vi stuff? Been hearing tons about it recently but not enough to form an opinion

I was thinking about starting the shred too
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    i do p90x and count my calories and have had amazing results, but i can see how it could be challenging for someone who might not have 1+ hours in their day to sit down and do a fitness video. I have never done JM's videos but know a few people who are doing them and they really like them, i think any change in your regular routine + making healthy food choices is a big step for anyone. As long as you try thats all that counts!
  • Hey Karaparry, yes it's been a combination of the Body by Vi Shake and working out for sure.....i lost 22lbs and over 15 inches in 3 months by taking the shake two times a day plus healthy snacks and dinner but MFP has been great for counting my calories and maintenance :D you can visit my website http://brendawallace1.myvi.net/profile for more information and to order if interested....
  • marthadoss
    marthadoss Posts: 11 Member
    yea my husbands sister bought the p90x and ive been driving 20 min to her house 1st thing in morning with my 2year old everyday and i have class 3 days a week plus i work 2nd shift and dont get home till almost midnight.... since ive started p90x i feel like i havent been home at all im lacking in my houseowrk my daughter and schoolwork. it deff takes alot of ur time!!!! and it wants u to eat alot of food and im so busy i dont have time to eat all the time.... but i have noticed im way more hungry since ive started it! i have mfp on my pone to help with calories but is there a forum part like these on the app....... im also interested in body by Vi heard it was really good!! i like making my own shakes and add protein but afraid its gonna make me gain weight!!! any suggestions with protein shakes
  • marthadoss
    Rosio1988 how much did you loose doing the shred did u just do the video isnt that just what it is..... its not like a whole regimine like p90x is it>
  • yea my husbands sister bought the p90x and ive been driving 20 min to her house 1st thing in morning with my 2year old everyday and i have class 3 days a week plus i work 2nd shift and dont get home till almost midnight.... since ive started p90x i feel like i havent been home at all im lacking in my houseowrk my daughter and schoolwork. it deff takes alot of ur time!!!! and it wants u to eat alot of food and im so busy i dont have time to eat all the time.... but i have noticed im way more hungry since ive started it! i have mfp on my pone to help with calories but is there a forum part like these on the app....... im also interested in body by Vi heard it was really good!! i like making my own shakes and add protein but afraid its gonna make me gain weight!!! any suggestions with protein shakes

The Body by Vi Shake is delicious and there's so much variety of different shakes to make....two scoops of the shake mix is only 90 calories and full of awesome nutrition and protein
  • signgrrrl
    signgrrrl Posts: 74 Member
    how do you log the exercise from the DVD's
  • marthadoss
    the shred i think is just 20min long but p90x is an hour some days and hour 20 min other days and 1 day is an hour n half of yoga
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I too work full time on 3rd shift and am married with 3 children-ages 1, 3, and 10. I squeeze in an hour every evening to do p90x and have gotten amazing results. I also did 30 day shred a year ago after having my last baby and had great results along with clean eating. Do what u can-it will all work in the long run for sure
  • marthadoss
    did u follow the nutrition plan to a T or just eat good. do u drink and protein shakes!
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    how do you log the exercise from the DVD's

You need to get an HRM.