Just realized the reason for my "plateau"

Options
2»

Replies

• auuudriana
    Options
    Haha, I have one of the Weight Watchers scales and it does the same thing. I ALWAYS always always grab like something heavy before I actually weight just my body.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    when i put my scale that i got from Walmart on the ground it always gives me a reading without even doing anything or stepping on it

i never heard of the memory thing before either, this is good information.
  • healthyschmealthy
    Options
    My previous, very accurate, digital went bonkers a month ago and I was hunting for a replacement (they don't make that model anymore). Seems a lot of the newer digital scales do this trick, probably in response to complaints that people would step on the scale 3 different times and get 3 different readings. Rather than make the scale more accurate, it's much cheaper to make the memory hold the previous number if the reading is close. I tested one Taylor model by stepping on it wearing light shoes, then holding something that weighed less than a pound, followed by me without the shoes. The second and third time it lingered at the newer (probably correct) number for a second, then locked onto the original figure. After extensive research, I bit the bullet and spent $50 on a Tanita, a brand known for it's accuracy. Have had it a couple of weeks now and am very satisfied.

Thanks, I'll be looking into one of those! Now that I know about this one's little issue, I'll use it a little bit longer just because I can't justify buying myself a new scale at the moment, but as soon as I can, this one's going in the garbage!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Is it the glass Weight Watchers scale? Mine does that too! Right to the ounce! I just grab something heavy and hop on and off and then weigh myself, and it works okay :-)

I have the glass weight watchers too but I guess I got a faulty one, the weight changes all the time. Maybe it's like me and has a bad memory? LOL
  • scrambuglady
    scrambuglady Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have a digital scale? I hate those. I have a regular one that has the arm for weight....Ive had it for a few years. Yes throw yours in the front yard lol. Glad you figured it out.
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Two words... scale skeet.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Two words... scale skeet.

HeeHee.....scale Frisbee was mine when it went out.......right into the pond.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Is it the glass Weight Watchers scale? Mine does that too! Right to the ounce! I just grab something heavy and hop on and off and then weigh myself, and it works okay :-)

Haha, I had that one too. I just bought a new one. Thank God.
  • amyreafleng
    amyreafleng Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Interesting!! My old scale would vary if I weighed myself twice in a row so I always weighed myself 3 times and went with the middle weight....the new scale will weigh exactly the same 3 times in a row...couldn't figure it out...Thanks!!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    YES! This drives me mad! Crazy scale. I always weigh holding my 5 pound weight, and then weigh again without it. It's the only thing that will work.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm totally going to try this tomorrow. We have a Weight Watchers scale and it's been keeping me at the same weight for MONTHS! No matter how hard I work out. I'm definitely going to give it a go with the extra weight. I'm still going to buy a new scale because I don't like that crap.
  • healthyschmealthy
    Options
    I'm totally going to try this tomorrow. We have a Weight Watchers scale and it's been keeping me at the same weight for MONTHS! No matter how hard I work out. I'm definitely going to give it a go with the extra weight. I'm still going to buy a new scale because I don't like that crap.

Let me know how it works! It also works to just weigh one foot on the scale so you don't have to go through the trouble of getting a weight.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    LOL at least it was you and NOT your scale. My scale told me I was too fat for it to give me my body fat %! It kept giving me an ERROR i.e. "ERR 5"? WTH? UGH At least I returned the original scale and got a refund and the replacement one was marked down by 75%!