what food makes you feel full?

Options
I am so hungry but i only have like 365 calories left today even after my exercise ones...i have eaten an apple, a gigantic salad, and some peas and carrots to try to give myself low calorie foods to fill me up but I'm STARVING. what can i eat to avoid this and feel more full?

Replies

• MomOfJoey
    MomOfJoey Posts: 58
    Options
    I just ate a bowl of 5 grain hot cereal with .5 Tbsp of honey and some dried fruit. That would bring you in right to ~300 calories depending on how much fruit you put in. I am so full now I have no idea how I will eat the rest of my calories for the day!ctu

ETA: it was actually about 220 calories.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Lentils. Those suckers are so cheap and so filling.
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    Oatmeal and a cup of Cobani fat free yoghurt will be about that amount of calories and it's definitely filling :)
  • peachpearl1
    Options
    thanks for your advice! i really like oatmeal so maybe i can try that. what are lentils? haha i know, im dumb!
    i just had some sushi, a vegetable roll w/ carrots, cabbage and avocado, and an avocado roll. so good and i am really full!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Beans are very filling for me personally, and so is Greek Yoghurt mixed with some fruit, seeds and a little jam/jelly.
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes fill me up really well. I have found if I eat one before work (like I am doing right now) I am less likely to snack on whatever treats some patient's family may have brought us!! :-)
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Fage greek yogurt 0% (plain) + 1 tablespoon of honey = 190 calories and very filling.

Thomas light multigrain english muffin with 1 fried egg = 170 calories

Stalk of celery with 2 tablespoons of Simply Jif Peanut Butter = 200 calories

I've found that combinations of protein and fiber are very filling.
    I've also found that dairy products are filling.

Drink a glass of 1% milk = 120 calories.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Protein shake!
    1/2 cup of cottage cheese
    1/2 cup milk
    1 scoop protein powder
    ice
    blend
    eat (~40g protein and 250ish calories)
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A huge plate of raw crunchy veggies..peppers to cucumbers. Celery..grape tomatoes and a light cheese stick usually does the trick. A glass of lemon water too :-)
    Good luck!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat/grain anything helps me get stuffed. I like putting a small amount of healthy coconut oil on my toast and that surprisingly keeps me very satisfied.

Lean meat is filling, also fruits, veggies, nuts... you get the idea. :)
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Apples, peppers, broccoli, cucumber, cocoa roasted almonds, chicken, lamb, salmon, sushi rolls or nigiri sushi like unagi, cottage cheese, protein powder, coconut oil in tea.
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    I have been having the same problem. I always feel empty. My doctor said to add more carbs so I have been eating a bowl of oatmeal in the morning, but I still feel empty much of the time. Fruits and veggies are not filling at all. I have been thinking about adding a few more calories because I don't think I should feel so empty all the time.
  • barbarairion
    Options
    A bowl of cereal is always good! Try Raisin Bran!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Protein, namely egg whites, because you can eat a ton for very few calories. Then a little complex carb. If I eat just fruit or veggies it leaves me feeling hollow inside, then I get hungry right away.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i second the oatmeal, 1 serving of plain oats is 150 cals, and then you can add things in such as fruit, brown sugar, maple syrup, all natural sweeteners, etc. add a tbs of pb for protein and extra fullness!
    agree with the english muffin with egg sandwich, if i make that i am good for hours.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    protein, protein and protein.......steak, chicken, tuna, eggs, protein shake....close second some nuts (almonds are my go-to)
    Thirdly cottage cheese, or full fat yoghurt - basically anything with protein in it...
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Fiber fills me up - beans, whole grains or in its easiest form for me, a Quest bar

Protein sticks with me - usually meat or the aforementioned Quest bar
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    If I'm looking for volume I steam a veg or boil some cabbage and eat a ton of it. If I'm looking to feel satisfied for a long time I eat some protein even if it's just a lunch meat snack. If I eat grains it spikes my blood sugar and while I might feel full in the short run it doesn't last.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    protein, protein and protein.......steak, chicken, tuna, eggs, protein shake....close second some nuts (almonds are my go-to)
    Thirdly cottage cheese, or full fat yoghurt - basically anything with protein in it...

This. Protein will definitely have you feeling full and it last.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    for me, the belvita crackers fill me up for a good while