LADIES INSANITY?

Options
I just ordered my copy of Insanity and am planning on starting May 1st. I'm just curious to hear any ladies' opinions of this program? How were your results? How are the workouts? Did you up your calorie intake due to high intensity workouts? Any feedback you can give me is appreciated I am so excited to start :)

Replies

• BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • iLinduh
    iLinduh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as well. =)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 tomorrow. It hasn't (so far) increased my weight loss, but I've been losing at a pretty good rate anyways. I have already noticed a big improvement in my endurance. I'm already at 2300 ish calories, and I eat back as many of my exercise calories as I'm hungry for.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I am in my 4th week. It's pretty challenging, but only lasts 40 minutes. Next month's DVDs kick it up a couple of notches and last longer too. I don't think I have lost much weight. I haven't weighed myself in a while though. I DO feel like my pants are fitting a little better, my tummy is a little smaller and my thighs seem smaller too. I did not expect big results because I really don't have much weight to lose at this point. So I'm planning to re-weigh, measure, and check body fat % at the end of this week.

I have heard from more than one person that the second month is where you see a lot more results.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I have 5 days left to Insanity. I have not lost weight but I have lost inches and can notice a big difference in my "mommy pooch" so I'm thrilled since this is my only problem area. I did not follow the meal plan but do count calories and increased my protein. I am pretty much eating at maintence now (1800+ exercise calories) daily so I didn't change that. If u are eating below 1500 though I highly recommend that u up your calories as u will need them to get thru these tough workouts.
    Insanity is the toughest workout I have ever done!! The workouts are hard but fun!! Take your time, do it at your own pace, don't try and keep up with them and take breaks when needed. Be prepared to sweat!!! I love Shaun T and how motivating he is. When I finish this round I'm going on to P90X and then I will do an Insanity/P90X hybrid since I know I will miss Insanity :)
    Good luck, I'm sure u will love this workout.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    bump for later ;)
    Glad to see more ladies doing Insanity!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I did the program a while back and was pleased. My results are here.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/372636-insanity-results-and-pics

Good luck!
  • gmcclam12
    gmcclam12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity..I did the fitness test today it was tough but I hope I'm gonna see some results when I get further into it.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a hybrid Insanity/ Strength rotation that is very similar to the Insanity P90X one. The workouts are hard but fun, and I think they are kicking my cardio up a few notches. I am starving on the days I do Insanity, so I don't worry about going a little over. I'm pretty much at 1530 net right now. Weight loss? I'm still in the beginning stages, but I did lose 0.5 this week after no loss last week.
  • SVMR17
    SVMR17 Posts: 33
    Options
    I tried it today. I thought I was in good shape... but it really kicks my butt! Will continue with it.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Bump

I'm doing Insanity after I'm done with P90X in about 4 weeks. I'm interested to know what you all think.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    im about to do day9, and i know its only been 9 days, but im doing it on top of my regular workout schedule (which i have actually just increased) ive taken the past 2 days off of insanity because my boy has the flu (not much sleep going on in this house)....BUT! to answer you question....after only 9 days, im feeling it and that is no joke. the scale hasnt changed, im actually up one pound, lol. but my mommy tummy looks different already, and i can feel a tightening in my obliques. my husband noticed too, which is kinda a big deal. you gotta remember to keep your core strong thru the exersicses and dont just flop ur limbs around like a rag doll. use your core to lift your legs and stay strong, push yourself! its easy to get caught up in just trying to keep up...keep proper form and you WILL see results fast :)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    started Insanity this past Monday and I just upped my cal intake as I was feeling alittle sluggish this past week I`m hoping the cal upping will balance me out. went from 1450 to 1600 before exercise cals and I do eat them back

I think the program is defently living up to its name and I`m really hopeing to see the arm defenition for myself that I have seen other ladies get that have already finished the program
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I've been considering Insanity, but I'm quite scared lol. I'm doing P90X right now, and I must say... not a fan.
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I got insanity on friday. I am 5'2 230lbs wondering if I should try it or wait a bit.. I am worried about the pushups, and jumping.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared Molly - at least give it a try. Shaun T is very motivational and prompts you to take breaks and Beckers, anything can be modified. Just don't just as high and do modified pushups until you build the strength.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had great results with Insanity but i did it in a hybrid with Chalean Extreme. I love the intensity of Insanity! I love his motivation! I did have to eat @1800 or so when I did that hybrid. I think you will do well with Insanity based on what I have seen with your motivation. :-)

I still incorporate Insanity at least once a week with my Body Revolution as I really love it! My husbane has started Insanity so I have to leave most of the DVDs at home when I travel. :-)

Good luck with it and keep us updated!!
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I LOVE... LOVE.. LOVE Insanity!

First 60 round started August 24, 2011; lost 12lbs and inches like crazy.

2 round january... lost 4.5lbs and 5 inches and can really see muscle definition.

Insanity is BRUTAL, super hard and really you get what you give. I have it set up in my basement, and my hubby can hear my cursing Shaun T's name from the 3rd floor. Is hard, but it is SO worth it.. and you feel like a million bucks when it is over!

Congrats to you... Give the 60 days... curse, spit, get as mad as you want, then be proud of your transformation... you will LOVE it!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today. Can't wait!