HRM Suggestions.

Options
I am looking into buying a Heart Rate Monitor. Can anybody recommend some good ones. Nothing too expensive. I'm not looking to spend more than $100 on one.

Also I'm looking for one that will let me know how many calories I've burned.

Replies

• Kelly50054
    Kelly50054 Posts: 141
    Options
    I use a Polar F4 and like it a lot!!
  • MontagneGitane
    MontagneGitane Posts: 127 Member
    Options

This!
    I got mine from bodytronics.com for less than $60 with a coupon code that someone on here recommended. I love it. Absolutely no complaints, and it confirmed what I suspected. MFP's calorie estimations are way too generous. Definitely a worthwhile investment.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Meeee tooooo!
  • _trickpie
    _trickpie Posts: 87
    Options
    It's not like you need ANOTHER vote for the Polar FT4, but I'm gonna give it to you anyway.
  • NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4!!! Got mine on bodytronics.com for 61.88. Ordered it on a monday afternoon and it arrived that thursday
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Haha, I think I have a good idea of what I'm getting now. Thanks!!
  • jddykstra
    jddykstra Posts: 19
    Options
    For an extremely affordable one: kohls.com has this one: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/big_tall/more_formensbigtall/watches/digital/PRD~889300/Timex+Personal+Trainer+Resin+Heart+Rate+Monitor+Digital+Watch++T5G971.jsp
    for $52.46.

Then use the code save30 to get 30% off and find a free shipping code and you've got a HRM for $36. (right now if you add something for $14, you'll also earn $10 in kohls cash.)

My husband has that HRM and he likes it. It does tell him how many calories he burns. I've never used anything other than the Timex one (I have the $44 one from kohls.com, but it doesn't calculate my calories burned - I plug my info into a website to find that out), but find it is adequate for what I want - and affordability was a big factor for me at the time I bought ours. I have seen many people here suggest the Polar HRM's though.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I got the FT7 for like 63 bucks at bodytronics..some coupon code..blah blah.

Iz nice.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I got the FT7 for like 63 bucks at bodytronics..some coupon code..blah blah.

Iz nice.

This is the one I got, I think the coupon was "popo"
  • shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. Got it at Target and it was under $100.
  • Femmekid
    Options
    Is the only difference between the female and male watches the color? I want the red and black one but its listed as male. Just wanna make sure the only difference is color.
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use a Sportline Cardio 660. I purchased mine from REI and love it. It includes a HRM band. I paid about $75 for it.
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between the FT4 & FT7? On Amazon they're only a few dollars difference in price so I'm wondering which is better.
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Is the only difference between the female and male watches the color? I want the red and black one but its listed as male. Just wanna make sure the only difference is color.

I think the strap for the male watch is slightly bigger, unless you have really small wrists the male one should be fine! :smile:
  • Femmekid
    Options
    What's the difference between the FT4 & FT7? On Amazon they're only a few dollars difference in price so I'm wondering which is better.
    I was wondering the same thing. :P
  • blueberry67
    Options
    bump
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Polar. Get an entry level model.

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE CALORIES BURNED ESTIMATE. Not as an eating guide, at least.