NON-AEROSOL Olive Oil Spritzer :)

Options
hellokello
hellokello Posts: 18 Member
I bought an aerator pump for my olive oil.
(Pampered Chef kitchen spritzer http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=610&catId=123&parentCatId=123&outletSubCat=)

Instead of dumping a bunch into my pan ( I never measure, but probably at least 2 tbsps...when I sautee veggies, now all I have to do is mist the pan and the veggies a bit and I'm set! Saves on the calories by A LOT!

Remember, 1tbsp of olive oil = 40 calories (a spritz is like 2!!!!)
1 tbsp veggie oil = 124 calories

So if a spritz of olive oil still cooks your veggies properly, well, why not cut down your calories by a ton?

That means you can eat more veggies! YAY!

Replies

• nurse_carolyn
    Options
    I used to have one of those.......I should buy another
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ooo nifty!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Wow, i need one lol.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I saw one on Amazone awhile back that I almost bought. It would be nice to replace my Pam with real olive oil.

On another note, my good friend thought that Pam was really fat-free and was shocked when I explained to her that Pam is actually vegetable oil and that only the tiny serving size makes them able to label it as "fat-free". She was liberally spraying everything and thought she was in the clear. It IS oil, after all.

Thanks.
  • hellokello
    hellokello Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    They also have a PAM olive oil spray, but it is an aerosol can, and has additives. Plus, it's expensive! I only need to buy a tiny bottle of extra virgin olive oil, and it lasts for-ev-er! Best kitchen tool by far :) I'm sure other brands make it too, but I've been using this one for years with no problems, clogs or anything, and it comes with an extra nozzle tip just in case. :)
  • kkoshiro
    kkoshiro Posts: 69
    Options
    thank you. I been looking for one myself
  • 99random
    99random Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you got your calorie info for extra virgin olive oil but according to the label on my bottle 1TBSP=120 calories. I use a Misto to spritz the olive oil. Got mine either from a catalog or Bed Bath & Beyond.