Today was a mess

Options
This morning I learned that a very good high school friend had been murdered; shot by her boyfriend. I have been in such shock that I have barely eaten or had much water today (I've had maybe 30 oz. of water when I usually have 80-100 oz. a day. This is the first chance I have had to think about it, and considering what happened, seems silly to be worrying about it. My question is, will one day of barely any calories or water mess up everything I have been working toward? Worrying that I will wake up bloated from my lack of water and my metabolism will be messed up due to my severe calorie deficit. I just forgot about eating, I have been so upset.

Replies

• chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine. It's just one day. It's life.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so, so sorry. My heart breaks for you.

Don't worry about your food and water for today. Take care of yourself!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. One day will not hurt anything, just take care of yourself.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what you did or did not consume today. It won't mess everything up in one day.

Sorry about your friend.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Your diet will be ok, one day wont hurt.

I am sorry for your loss, thats a terrible thing to have to deal with.
  • rmh84
    rmh84 Posts: 28
    Options
    1 day wont hurt - just like one day where you over eat doesn't hurt too much in the long term.

I'm so sorry about your friend....
  • jake1967
    jake1967 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your friend.One day won't hurt.Keep your head up.
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I went through something a little similar only my second cousin was raped, beaten and killed. It is a hard situation to deal with. Just take it day at a time and focus on your feelings and grief. It will be hard to not binge or even to eat at a time like this if you are an emotional eater. Relax and focus on your health too. I will pray for you and your friends family.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your friend.
    Dont worry about one day, actually one day fasting could contribute to weightloss