The real reason eating more makes you lose fat

Options
Think of your body as a car. It doesn't see ice cream, cookies, chicken or broccoli...it sees fuel. When you eat, fuel fills the tank and gets stored (fat, sugar, protein). If your body is to burn the fuel, its cylinders must fire, oil must lubricate the engine, hoses must be hooked up, electrical must be in order, etc. etc. You can push a ca down the road and Oth it may Travel 60 mph, the tank will stay full unless the engine is running properly. This article is meant to debunk simple advice and help you make better decisions about your next steps. .

We all know people who have knocked their diets down to 1,000 calories or less to lose weight. Smiliarly, we all know people who have been successful and unsuccessful using these really low calorie methods. We all know people who have given us their very best "expert" advice based on what worked for them. And now that you have tried it all and still remain stuck, you want to know who the heck you should listen to and what to do.

"Why do I lose weight with eating more calories?"

The answer is simple. If you can wrap your mind around the car analogy, eating more calories doesn't magically speed up your metabolism, it simply provides more nutrients for your metabolism to function, your insulin receptors to absorb, your PPAR to move, increases of IGF and assimilation of protein to muscle. It creates an environment for fuel to be used efficiently.

Thats why it's more important what you eat, as opposed to how much you eat. If you eat 1,000 calories a day of table sugar, I guarantee you will gain fat. Shoot for percentages like 25% carb, 40% fat and 35% protein. To start out and watch the weight fall off.

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Think of your body as a car. It doesn't see ice cream, cookies, chicken or broccoli...it sees fuel. When you eat, fuel fills the tank and gets stored (fat, sugar, protein). If your body is to burn the fuel, its cylinders must fire, oil must lubricate the engine, hoses must be hooked up, electrical must be in order, etc. etc. You can push a ca down the road and Oth it may Travel 60 mph, the tank will stay full unless the engine is running properly. This article is meant to debunk simple advice and help you make better decisions about your next steps. .

We all know people who have knocked their diets down to 1,000 calories or less to lose weight. Smiliarly, we all know people who have been successful and unsuccessful using these really low calorie methods. We all know people who have given us their very best "expert" advice based on what worked for them. And now that you have tried it all and still remain stuck, you want to know who the heck you should listen to and what to do.

"Why do I lose weight with eating more calories?"

The answer is simple. If you can wrap your mind around the car analogy, eating more calories doesn't magically speed up your metabolism, it simply provides more nutrients for your metabolism to function, your insulin receptors to absorb, your PPAR to move, increases of IGF and assimilation of protein to muscle. It creates an environment for fuel to be used efficiently.

Thats why it's more important what you eat, as opposed to how much you eat. If you eat 1,000 calories a day of table sugar, I guarantee you will gain fat. Shoot for percentages like 25% carb, 40% fat and 35% protein. To start out and watch the weight fall off.

For more info and advice, check out my blog. Wellfitlife.me

Damn bro. You started off so well. But then you just killed it with your last paragraph. Very sad.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    So you're just trying to get people to visit your blog?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    What's sad is he spent all that money getting those "credentials" in his profile, but yet thinks that we'll get fat eating 1,000 calories of table sugar.

Unbelievable.

Dude you could have saved a TON of money by just reading and doing research.