cutting chocolate down to a minimum?

Options
I know it might sound stupid but im finding it hard to stop eating chocolate, i am a grazer food wise, i cant seem to change that pattern just decrease calorie count of what i eat.

My goal for next 3 weeks is to cut chocolate down to a minimum a day of 200 calories, increase my intake of water, anyone any advice ?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    go for higher cocoa contents, they're more fulfilling and less sweet.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Have you been to chocolatecoveredkatie.com?? Lots of great low cal/vegan chocolate recipes!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I know it might sound stupid but im finding it hard to stop eating chocolate, i am a grazer food wise, i cant seem to change that pattern just decrease calorie count of what i eat.

My goal for next 3 weeks is to cut chocolate down to a minimum a day of 200 calories, increase my intake of water, anyone any advice ?

When I was eating chocolate I would buy cooking chocolate (still has cocoa mass and cocoa butter, but less sugar) and break it into two squares, adn put it in the refrigerator.

Somehow that made it last, and I was able to stop at two pieces of cooking chocolate, whereas there is no way I would stop at 2 pieces of caramello, or mint.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Anything 60% or higher is great for the body.
    The only downside is the saturated fat goes up the higher the cocoa %.

60% cocoa contains Monounsaturated fatty acids and helps the body break down and use fat as a fuel.
    This is handy on rest days when cutting carbs down.
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    unsweetened chocolate with honey or 90-95% cocoa works for me.
  • Petskies101
    Options
    comimg from one chocoholic to another...... Get rid of the chocolate all together for a while. I was eating no joke a family block or more every single day. I decided enough was enough I refuse to buy family blocks now and since I started 26 days ago I have only had 4 milky ways.

You can do this I went through i withdraw and the first few times at the shops was tough now I don't even go past the chocolate..
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    2-3 pieces of dark organic chocolate should do the trick. you can get it from aldi, theres also the greens organic brand. most organic brands have cane sugar not white sugar. and more cocoa = more antioxidants!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine i'll ever give it up!

I usually have 10-20 grams of dark chocolate per day - with as high a cocoa content as i can get. Love it.

You could also try, if you are using any kind of protein supplement, switching to chocolate flavored ones or possibly Builder Bars. They're all a bit of a calorie commitment, but if you're consuming the calories anyway, might as well get the protein with it!
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have 1 oz (28 grams) of dark chocolate (72%) 3-4 times a week and seems to do the trick for my chocolate cravings. I almost always have with almonds, so ups the calories, but gives lots of very filling protein.
  • ronanoo
    ronanoo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    thanks for your advice everyone, i felt stupid posting the thread!
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I eat 72% cooking chocolate...(at least once a day.....:ohwell: ) I love it and it fixes my chocolate cravings

Morrisons the Best - Dark Chocolate 72%, 4 Squares (20g)
    Calories 78 Carbs 5
    Fat 6 Protein 1 Sugar 4

.....nom
  • Ljmount
    Ljmount Posts: 3
    Options
    I have cut down to a funsized bar once or twice a week with a cup of tea.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    thanks for your advice everyone, i felt stupid posting the thread!

Heck no! Some of us take chocolate seriously.

It's a genuine issue: how to get one's necessary minimum of chocolate daily. Just think: so many nutrients, so full of antioxidants. Take from me my beloved potatoes, steal from me my chicken skin but DON'T MESS WITH THE CHOCOLATE. That's my motto. ;)