Does anyone here eat 1220 calories and still lose?!

Options
Hi all,

So my limit is set at 1220 - to lose 1 pound a week.

Last week it was TOTM so i did eat my exercise calories. But generally i DON'T eat them BUT i eat more on a weekend so i think it balances it all out.

But sometimes that means i net UNDER 1220.

Does this really matter if im using up the calories (some not all - but sometimes all!) at the weekend xxx

Replies

• Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    bump
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    Well, personally I eat less than that and I still lose weight, if that was your question.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    You will probably lose weight but the issue with it is that it will be impossible to maintain eating that way. Your body needs fuel and eventually you are going to slow down your metabolism. In the end you are likely to gain back the eight you lose. At least eat back your exercise calories so that you are never below 1200 net
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    i eat around 1200/1400 cals i keep losing fat wil up cals when i hit 4/ 5 bf%
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Do you ever feel hungry eating that amount? and what is your secret - what do you eat not to feel hunger?
    I couldn't manage on 1200 i just felt hungry all the time.
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey maldive, Since I started mfp, I'm allowed 1530 cals a day. I've always been under my calories, but I burn on average, 5-800 cals a day exercising. I always eat at least a little of what I've burned but I always have calories left over every day as well. If I know I'm going to eat more than I want to that day, I'll just exercise a little Longer. So far I've lost 12 pounds in about 4 weeks. Saturday's is usually my treat day, so i'll burn about 1200 calories that day running and it is working.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I lose at 1500ish of under
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If I understand correctly, you are eating less than that on some days but others you eat more (weekends). If so, then there is nothing wrong with that as long as your average over time isn't too low. Look at your average for the week rather than worrying about each individual day.

I always eat and drink more on the weekends, especially when the weather is nice because we either have or go to a cookout just about every weekend. So I try to eat less during the week. This has been worked just fine for me (met my goal a year ago and have been maintaining).
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey maldive, Since I started mfp, I'm allowed 1530 cals a day. I've always been under my calories, but I burn on average, 5-800 cals a day exercising. I always eat at least a little of what I've burned but I always have calories left over every day as well. If I know I'm going to eat more than I want to that day, I'll just exercise a little Longer. So far I've lost 12 pounds in about 4 weeks. Saturday's is usually my treat day, so i'll burn about 1200 calories that day running and it is working.
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    thank you all - very helpful :)
  • LoriA6724
    LoriA6724 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. MFP has me at 1200 calories a day.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft. 6-ish in,. tall and I put in all my stats through MFP and wanted to lose 1 .lb a week. It set my goal at 1220 calories each week, and was usually under that. I tried to eat my exercise calories back (or at least half of them) as often as I could. I have been using MFP for 10 weeks now and I have consistently lost around 1 .lb a week. I've lost 9 lbs using MFP and am 2 lbs away from my goal weight so I've upped my calories slowly towards more of a maintenance calorie limit.
  • Maryuk1995
    Options
    I used to do that. It didn't help me because my body's metabolism was going crazy. Eating balanced meals and keeping a discipline of when to eat helps a lot rather than restraining calories to that low.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1710 calories a day & to lose 1/2lb a week. I do eat back some of my exercise calories - basically, if I'm hungry, I eat. And it's working. :smile:
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies trying to hit 1200 calories, please read this. Best piece of advice I have EVER seen on this board:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map?error_user_id=1362324&error_username=yesthistime

Follow this. I am losing weight, body fat, and inches on a net of 2100-2200 calories. (MFP had me at 1800 NET).