Ever have one of those days?

Options
Do you ever have one of those days that you suprize yourself and could walk/jog/run forever? You just keep going and feel better and better....

Well, today was not one of those days for me:ohwell: . LOL... It's ok though, I am still pround of myself, I pushed thru being tried, out of breath, and did what I could. I'd walk a bit, then jog until I couldn't anymore. I'd push myself to run to the next corner or tree or whatever. It sucked, but I did it and I am glad I did.

I know we shouldn't reward ourselves with food, but I'll tell you tonight while I am drinking a light beer, I am going to enjoy it that much more because I really earned it today!:drinker:

Replies

• teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Do you ever have one of those days that you suprize yourself and could walk/jog/run forever? You just keep going and feel better and better....

Well, today was not one of those days for me:ohwell: . LOL... It's ok though, I am still pround of myself, I pushed thru being tried, out of breath, and did what I could. I'd walk a bit, then jog until I couldn't anymore. I'd push myself to run to the next corner or tree or whatever. It sucked, but I did it and I am glad I did.

I know we shouldn't reward ourselves with food, but I'll tell you tonight while I am drinking a light beer, I am going to enjoy it that much more because I really earned it today!:drinker:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    lol , nope no clue what a day like that is! run walk jog forever nope never happens that way around here. I drag my *kitten* to the elliptical , and curse it the whole time :laugh:
  • annielouise
    Options
    I believe that if we stay within our calorie limits its nice to have something special or even "wicked" now and again. I had a 400 chili dog at dairy queen one saturday and it was a little bit of heaven!!

Congrats for keeping up your jogging and going the distance!!
    :drinker: here's to you! :happy:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that once, I think it was sometime in June 1994. :cry:
  • Rachel89
    Rachel89 Posts: 68
    Options
    that happened to me yesterday... i did this really cheesy workout video that was amazing on Tuesday and yesterday my legs hurt so bad but i told myself i have to walk EVERYDAY at lunch!! It hurt so bad but i felt so good after it... (well i was in tons of pain) i just told myself it hurts now but you will like the results in the end!:smile:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Hurts so good huh :tongue:
  • gemini78
    gemini78 Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't think it would hurt to have a beer, but I think you should change your mind set from saying "I earned it today" because you did work and push yourself so hard you should reward yourself with a non-food item, then you can disassossiate food with being rewarding all the time. Try I worked my butt off today so I earned myself a pedicure, manicure or massage. I know it's hard to change that mind set I mean I do it to myself with Dairy Queen or chocolate and I always reward my kids with food too and I think that's how it all starts...

Have a great day and Bravo for working out!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Only when I am at the beach walking along the shore hearing only the sounds of the waves. No sound of the hubby or the kids, not even the dogs. I could walk forever:bigsmile:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would hurt to have a beer, but I think you should change your mind set from saying "I earned it today" because you did work and push yourself so hard you should reward yourself with a non-food item, then you can disassossiate food with being rewarding all the time. Try I worked my butt off today so I earned myself a pedicure, manicure or massage. I know it's hard to change that mind set I mean I do it to myself with Dairy Queen or chocolate and I always reward my kids with food too and I think that's how it all starts...
    quote]

Good idea with the peddi or manni!
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Nope. Every step is difficult and painful. I did have one day a few weeks ago where it hurt a little less but today was especially hard.