Regarding NROLFW: something to WATCH?

Options
I have the book. I've read it all the way through and and studied it quite a bit. LOVE the concept and really want to get started! One problem is that I don't have all the weights and the barbell that I need (hubby has some dumbbells I can use). Another is that I can't join a gym anytime in the near or remote future. And finally, probably my biggest problem: It seems like it would be a real pain in the butt to sit down in my basement trying to look at the book, then do an exercise, look at the book again, do another exercise, etc. when I'm supposed to be moving from one thing to the next in a certain amount of time with certain times of rest. I love that with P90X and 30-Day Shred, I can just mimic the moves on a video. Is there anything like this, some kind of companion to this book? Or, do all you NROLFW ladies have any good suggestions? What did you do when you began? What do you continue to do? Or are most of you going to gyms and just having a trainer tell you what to do, when?

This has been on my mind for a MONTH! In the meantime, I've just been doing my 30-Day Shred a few times a week and it's still making a difference in my shape. :)

Oh, another question...ahh, maybe I'll save it for another thread...Thanks!

Replies

• mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of wondering the same things myself....
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    You can watch youtube videos and if you go to the JP Fitness forums, there are some videos there (They have a full forum dedicated to NROL)
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it.... so someone correct me if I am wrong. But, I think you do basically the same sets of exercises for the various phases. Once you have learned what to do and good vs bad form..... then it becomes easier to know what to do and when.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    there arent a zillion exercises in each stage. stage 1 only has 5 exercises....you can't remember them?

also i'm not sure how helpful it would be to follow along with someone else since everyone's cadence is going to be different. since you're using heavier weights in NROL than you are for something like 30DS, form is going to be very important. there's no way I'd be able to deadlift 170 pounds the same rate as i would if it were 70 pounds
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    You can watch youtube videos and if you go to the JP Fitness forums, there are some videos there (They have a full forum dedicated to NROL)

^^^This. I watched YouTube videos, found a log on the NROLW forums, and went at it.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just started and brought the book along with me with the page numbers marked. During rests, I'd write down my lifts and re-familiarize myself with the next exercise. It's takes a little time, but the first stage is mostly for learning and getting the correct form. I also watched a lot of dead lift videos before attempting my own. Youtube is your friend!
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    With heavy enough weights can this program be done at home? Or is the gym a necessity for this?