MyFitnessPal vs WeightWatchers?

Options

Replies

• entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I also did both when I first started using myfitnesspal but quickly got rid of WW. WW has worked for me in the past but for some reason it just wasnt clicking this last time. Plus I want to loss weight, be healthy, and not gain the weight back ever again!

I feel like myfitnesspal actually teaches me how to be healthy. I can look at a piece of cake and know its 400 calories and fruit is 100 per 1/2 cup. On WW I could never make those mental decisions because I would have to look up how many points it was and see how many points I had left. Plus WW does not advocate eating back your exercise points like myfitnesspal does.

I am more than happy with my progress here and happy I left WW (my opinion) :)

^^Ditto, the new program didn't click for me, and being able to think is calories is way simpler!
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I use MFP and my fiance uses WW. We both have been loosing though she hasn't really lost any in a month and half. I feel that weight watcher gives you to much freedom on certain foods but either one I feel will work in my opinion.
  • Twyla123
    Twyla123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have had success with ww in the past (30 lbs) but tried it again a year ago and would lose 10 lbs and then plateau! I started this program mid January and I am already down 19 lbs! One thing that ww taught me was how to cut out fruit so I could still have my mcdonalds, MFP has taught me how to eat a balanced diet and lose weight. Over all I am finding way more benefits to this FREE program then to pay for something that isn't a lifestyle change.
  • star7092
    star7092 Posts: 22
    Options
    I've used both, mfp is free and much better!:) :heart:
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have had success with both. BUT....1. Its free. 2. I don't have to lug around a "points calculator" 3. The support is much better here than anywhere!!!! Save the money and put it in retirement so you can take your beach body on Vacation. :)
    I agree. MFP is free and so much easier to calculate.
  • rainbowcandy2004
    Options
    I was on WW in high school with my mom and I didn't learn anything about eating healthy and I only had the support at meetings which in between I would just eat the crap I ate before. With MFP I have support everyday. I know if I eat junk food then my pals are going to see and if I don't want them to see then I don't eat it. Stop wasting the money on WW and use MFP. I have lost 91 lbs on here.
  • wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have done both and I have done so much better with myfitnesspal. ONE , I don't have to count points which takes alot of time. TWO, I love logging in my food and it allows me to see where I'm at for the day. I fill in my food for the day first thing in the morning or sometimes I do it at night for the next day. I print it out lay it on the table and each meal I look at it and I know at a glance what I'm having. Keeps me on track and don't have to worry if I'm over or not.

Why pay WW if this works. Save the money and buy yourself some new clothes as you lose the weight. That is my 2 cents worth.
  • Kaleonar
    Kaleonar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have done both. MFP is free, the support is better, encourages exercise more, and it feels simplier--no points calculator. I lost 20 lbs on WW and gained it back very quickly. I got to the same point so far (-20lbs) on MFP and am hoping to keep it going!
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Definitely prefer MFP. WeightWatchers is still a "diet." I don't do well with those. This is more of a guidline for life. I'd rather put the money into my trainer.. who's sucking up all my money, but it's worth it. :smile:
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I did WW for years and lost some weight but not enough to make a huge difference. And I didn't keep it off. I think if the WW meetings help you, then that's the big difference. But if you are only doing WW online, MFP is basically EXACTLY the same and it's a lot friendlier to your wallet.

THIS^^^^^
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you are looking for.

Me - I've done WW at least 3 times and never lost as much as I have on MFP. This is easier for me - I track my macros, but the whole points thing gets annoying (to me, I know some that love it).

MFP fits much better into my budget, I like the community forum / support...oh and again, it's FREE. LOL
    I spent $40+ on WW and didn't lose crap...now I'm using this for free & paying for a gym membership - much better use of my limited funds.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Whatever works. My wife is having great success with WW, and I with MFP. She didn't do quite so well here.
    WW recipes are good, a little lw in fat for me, but we compromise, and we do not eat every meal together, so it works.
    I'll gladly pay a little for her successful endeavor. Our choices reflect our personalities.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Success doesn't come from some tool or program. It comes from within.
  • meandyou1124
    meandyou1124 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just recently got done with WW. I lived WW. It was successful for me, but this is free lol. And honestly has mostly all of the same features. I say switch :)
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've been using WW online since November. I've lost weight with it and I like the program, but I don't like the cost. Since MFP is free I think I'm gonna try just using this for a while and see if I can keep up the loss. If not, then WW here I come (again).
  • fordgal41
    fordgal41 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I loved Weight Watchers online when i used it with the meetings. Once I couldn't find time to attend the meetings, I felt it was money down the drain... MFP is just as good and the support online is fantastic!!
  • Roraboosh
    Roraboosh Posts: 18
    Options
    WW worked for me to a degree, but as soon as I stopped I PILED the pounds on, it didn't give me any real idea of how much calories we're in the food I was eating, it was a real performance, I started using MFP and was doing really well, I found out I was expecting and was told to stop by my doctor, however it left me with the knowledge of what calories were in what and I didn't put a pound on until the last two weeks! MFP is far better IMO
  • jerseyjenus
    jerseyjenus Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I used WW in the past and so far like MFP better. First, which everyone says, it is free. Second, it has every food in the database. I spent so much time having to type in all the nutrional values in WW. Thirdly, the community is much better :wink:
  • saynotofat
    Options
    Hello. I became a lifetime WW member in 1993. I want to lose 10 lbs. and was thinking of joining WW online but when I found out that they wanted to charge me $14.95 just to use their etools plus the meeting fee, I started to look elsewhere. That's when I found MFP and then I found my motivation! I love this site!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!