HELP! I'm trying to figure out what my next goal should be!

Options
I am getting close to reaching my first goal of being under 200 pounds so I am trying to figure out what my next goal should be. My issue is that I have a size in mind but I have no idea how much I would weigh at that size. Here are my stats. I am about 5'2" tall and I want to be a size 10. Does anyone have any idea around what weight would get me to that size?? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    No one can tell you that since ever body is different. I'm 5' 3" and to be a size 10, I can be around 165 lbs because of my body composition. For you, it could be higher or lower.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You could go to mybodygallery.com and look at real people who are your height and see what is reasonable for a goal, they list sizes too. Or since you are done such an wonderful job so far take a bit of time and decide how to set goals from now on.
    You just accomblished getting to a huge goal--can you face another task of losing alot of weight--40 more pounds or so before you breath a sigh of releif? Or is getting to the "overweight" BMI a better time to see about your next step (I use this example because that is my first goal). Anyway congrats on a wonderful job.
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    I'm 5'4.. At 175 I'm a perfect size 10... You're 2 inches shorter, so maybe around 165 ish??? just keep pressing on, and when you are satisfied with where you're at, you'll know it! :-)
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i am 5'1 and i am at 147-150 lbs, currently a size 8. My bum and thighs are small though, and my belly and upper body is where my generous fat stores remain at the moment :)
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    My goals go like this. Iwould like to lose 20 pounds before July 1. Iti s a little easier for me to do it that way. So maybe you can set a goal that way.
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Or is getting to the "overweight" BMI a better time to see about your next step (I use this example because that is my first goal). Anyway congrats on a wonderful job.

I think this is a good idea. I started at 301 pounds, and I had no clue what size or weight would ultimately be my end goal. So I chose 150 (which would be half my starting weight, but still in the "overweight" category on BMI). I had a size in mind (12), but I am already at a size 14 at just over 200 pounds. It has been so long since I was this size, and I weighed a lot less at the time than I do now. I always planned to reevaluate when I got closer to 150. I would go with something near the top of your healthy BMI range. Then reevaluate again. BTW, I'm 5'3".
  • scordrick
    scordrick Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi Amy! I am sitting there is the same boat with you. I am thrilled to soon be a part of the 100 club! My suggestion would be to make mini goals.... To fit into those jeans, be able to wear shorts comfortably, hit the 10 pound marker, etc. That's what works for me.
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Your next goal shouldn't be more than a pound away. :wink: One day at a time Amy!

As for your ultimate goal, I'm not sure exactly. It's going to depend on how much muscle you have. You might weigh more than someone of your same height, but could fit into the same size if the other person does not have as much muscle. Since you're on a weight loss track and you exercise a lot, it's likely that you'll have a lot of muscle by then.

For me, my ultimate goal is very loose. I chose the weight that I remember being at when I was younger that I felt comfortable but didn't struggle with hunger. That weight is about 130-135 pounds. It happens that this is in the healthy BMI range for my height of 5'3". If I remember correctly, I was in a size 8 or 10 at that time.

For your height, your best BMI range is 101.2 - 136.7 lbs. This is not the best way to calculate BMI, and maybe as you are getting closer, you can make an appointment with a nutritionist who can calculate your BMI using calipers.
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!