30 day shred

Options
Has anyone done Jillian Michaels 30 day shred?
If so, did you like it? How quick before you saw results?

I think I need a new workout video and was kinda looking online and heard good things about that one and was just wondering!

Thanks!

Replies

• flobee76
    flobee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS in March. I noticed results after 1 week, no kidding, and I have a lot of layers to shred off! After the 30 days, I lost 5 inches all over! :)

You won't regret the workout. I know some people are annoyed by Jillian Michaels, but I don't really mind her much.
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    It's brilliant. :bigsmile:
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Level 1 from the Youtube video, and I'm hurting all over so it must be working! LOL! I don't mind Jillian.
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have it and debating starting that today or Insanity.. I have heard good things about the 30 shred
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    There are lots of groups here for people doing the 30 DS. It seems to be *extremely* popular. You should be able to find them by searching the groups.
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    I just started level 3. I am down 4 lbs. and my clothes are a lot looser. It is a great workout. Good Luck!
  • meadowmail77
    meadowmail77 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't do it every day since I run every other day. I see a big difference! I highly recommend it :) I like her 6 week to 6 pack one as well.
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Im currently doing 30DS and although ive not lost a load of weight I have noticed ive toned up a bit more under my layer of fat lol. Get a tape measure and do your measurements, dont rely on the scales or you probably wont see a difference xx
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I completed it just recently and I lost a total of 5 3/4 inches overall! Totally worth it!
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It's great so far on level 1... In 20 minutes it's great! Go for it!
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks with that and diet.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just started level 2 and I would recommend it. I feel a difference from when I started and I'm definitely building more muscle then before.
  • ashlysnd
    ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just finished second workout on cycle 1. I like it okay, cant same anything bad about it. It is tough and short, the way i like it! The first time I did it, my thighs were killing me! I had to recover for 2 days, but that just means my thighs were weak, right?? It is great cadio to build up your endurance and stamina, in my opinion. If you decide to give it a try, send me a friend request and we can see each other thru this!
  • susanna060408
    susanna060408 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 3, Day 3 and so far have lost 9 lbs and 7.75". I can really see a difference in my body as well. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I'm on day 6. I think I can tell a difference already. I took measurements before I started and will take them again at the end.
    Jillian doesn't bother me. And in the video when she says "don't turn off the dvd" she is talking to me, because I really wanted too!

Good luck!
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm on week 5. I do 5 days a week, take Fri and Sat off. Two 5day weeks at each level. Most of the stuff I can do at advanced, but there's a few things I have to do the modified version. I saw results after the second week. My clothes fit SOOO much better. I'm also using MyFitnessPal and counting calories and walking 3 times a week for a little extra cardio. I'm thinking that as long as I sweat like a pig and my muscles are screaming at me during the 30day shred, I may just keep it up after I'm through level 3 and just rotate the levels each day. I didn't measure myself beforehand...I just knew it when my clothes fit and look so much better.

Anyone who finished the SHRED have any suggestions on what to do after the program is done?

I highly recommend it. Jillian nor her helpers bother me at all. They are very fit, but not obnoxiously fake. I think the important thing is doing the exercises and getting the results. As long as the end result is good, Richard Simmons could be on the floor...I wouldn't care. :-)

Good luck
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    im on level 1 day 7 and have lost 4lbs ! im loving it
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    Those of you doing 30DS, are you incorportaing any other exercises in addition to this dvd?
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just after 5 days I lost a total of 10.75 inches! Love it! Of course I have a lot of fat to work with so I believe that is the reason for the big inch loss.

Edited- I do Zumba 2 days a week also but have been doing that for the last year so i know it is the shred that is shredding me! lol
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I totally recommend trying it. I personally love her workouts. And the 30 day shred is one of my fav!! I do not do it everyday as I also run & lift but, it is great to add to any routine.