Negative-*****y-Unhappy-Complaining People

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I know, complainers really get on my nerves (snort)
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Ok here is the deal, I have about had it with people in my life that complain, *****, carry on like no one else has problems but them. They expect the people around them to listen and be their sounding boards. It is dragging my down and I am sick of it! Does anyone else have this issue? and if so what do you do about it? Its not just as easy as stop talking to them or cut them out of my life either.
    Sorry for the venting.

If you don't like it, then speak up to the person doing the complaining. It's as simple as that.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Ok here is the deal, I have about had it with people in my life that complain, *****, carry on like no one else has problems but them. They expect the people around them to listen and be their sounding boards. It is dragging my down and I am sick of it! Does anyone else have this issue? and if so what do you do about it? Its not just as easy as stop talking to them or cut them out of my life either.
    Sorry for the venting.

In the end, this is a fitness site :huh:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Sometimes my dog eats her poop.

I deleted her from Facebook and MFP.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    My fiance tends to be a glass is half empty kinda guy and it frustrates me sometimes too. I just take a deep breath and try to help him see it from other possible viewpoints. He is slowly getting less negative but it sure is a process. If you are committed to him take a deep breath and help him see the positives instead of focusing on the negatives.

Same way I handle my husband when he starts complaining... I just try to show him the silver lining. It doesn't always help him, but it helps me better deal with it. Hope you find a solution!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    when it starts to bother me.. i just stop reading those kinds of posts *S*.. simple

Most that complain that way are simply seeking attention.., the only cure for that is to ignore.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Ok here is the deal, I have about had it with people in my life that complain, *****, carry on like no one else has problems but them. They expect the people around them to listen and be their sounding boards. It is dragging my down and I am sick of it! Does anyone else have this issue? and if so what do you do about it? Its not just as easy as stop talking to them or cut them out of my life either. \
    Sorry for the venting.

In the end, this is a fitness site :huh:

Mostly likely why she posted under chitchat....
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Pot, meet kettle.

Yes.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    learn to cut people off
    best thing i ever did
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Pot, meet kettle.

HA
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    You don't control other people's actions or behaviour, you can only control your reaction to it. People don't annoy you, you are annoyed by people. Think about it.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining...THAT is the worst.
    I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining who are complaining about the complainers....two more degrees and I'll reach Kevin Bacon \m/

The people who complain about the complainers complaining about complainers complaining are the worst.
    No, the people who complain about the complaining complainers complaining about the aforementioned complaining complainers are the worst....and now look who showed up

Bacon.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL0RIRwIpbstJ4D3_csQ8bKDzKo3tQLP6lFV-S27DJAN5WCXIGuA
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    You can surround yourself with positive, carefree people. But in reality that's not easy to do. Too much negativity and complaining is not good....but realize that most people DO need a sounding board...even if it's just to vent. Otherwise pent up emotions can become pent up aggression and tha'ts not good for anyone. On the plus side (maybe) is the fact that people open up to you, or that you are a good listner.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    My daily Carlton post has to go somewhere, so here ya go.....he makes everyone happier....

carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com.gif?w=320&h=239
  • Cacasabo
    Cacasabo Posts: 3
    Then you better either learn to live with it, or find a new fiancee, because guess what.... It's not going to get any better. That's a part of his personality and you need to either love it or leave it.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    learn that you can't fix others problems and sometimes all they need to do is listen and move on... there are people who are not happy unless miserable - they find issues in everything... I have a sister that is like that, a best friend who is the same... I listen get a bit upset but then move one because it is up to them to do something about it...
  • Katalysts
    Katalysts Posts: 11
    Well I wouldn't get married until you can sort that out.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Okay all the people who are using this thread to call hypocrisy aside...

I had a friend that met that description to a T. Granted she had a bad home life which I witnessed more times than I ever wanted to, but she did have a tendency to be overly self-centered. I must've had a talk with her dozens of times over the years about it, just asking her to please be more considerate and to realize that my life wasn't rainbows and sunshine and maybe I'd need to vent too. Because, to me, friends are the ones you share the good and the bad with and if you can't share the bad, who can you share it with? Long story short 9 years into the friendship she tells me she is apathetic to everyone else's problems and every day cries on my shoulder about the same exact problems even after I do all but give her money and move her into my house. She wasn't going to change, she didn't want to change. She wanted the attention her problems brought her and the pity gifts it got her. In the end I ended the friendship because, while I loved her like a sister, she had become a toxic presence. She hated my boyfriend, she was somehow jealous of my life, and my overweight body was often used to make her look good in public.

People will complain, it's just the nature of the beast especially with the internet being a free-for-all. If their attitudes really bother you, either have a talk with them or sever your ties. As a therapist put it to me once, if their problems and their negativity are on your mind more than your own issues, big or small, then you don't need to be around them.
  • Oh, yes...I have someone in my life like that, too. I can't deal with her most days, but I have to. I'm trying to keep reminding myself that I am happy and she's not worthy of my anger.
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    My daily Carlton post has to go somewhere, so here ya go.....he makes everyone happier....

carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com.gif?w=320&h=239

Yup, I for one feel better after seeing that.