Frustrated But Hopeful

Options
Hi all,

I just want to vent a minute. I worked out 6 days last week, ate clean, drank a ton of water, took my vitamins & supplements, and got adequate rest, only to see THE EXACT SAME NUMBER on the scale this morning as I started with last Monday. No fair!!!

That said, I just got back from an intense workout at the gym & am gonna do it all again today. Here's hoping for some results soon.

Thanks for listening to my whining. :)

Replies

• tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    Just keep at it!! You can do this and you WILL see results if you keep at it!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Keep going it could just be water. It usually is
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Hi all,

I just want to vent a minute. I worked out 6 days last week, ate clean, drank a ton of water, took my vitamins & supplements, and got adequate rest, only to see THE EXACT SAME NUMBER on the scale this morning as I started with last Monday. No fair!!!

That said, I just got back from an intense workout at the gym & am gonna do it all again today. Here's hoping for some results soon.

Thanks for listening to my whining. :)

Sounds very similar to my week/results. Just keep at it - it will happen!

Also, are you measuring too? Some weeks I lose inches biut not pounds, other weeks it's the opposite. And some weeks (like this one) neither happens.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Mine has said the same thing for 3 weeks now. I even thought it might be broken, so I put a 10 pound bag of flour on it. Not broken...

Hang in there. Keep on keepin' on and you'll see results soon - even if they aren't scale # results!
  • cwatson1214
    cwatson1214 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am at that same point as well. I feel like what else can I possibly do. But then a few days later there is a major jump in my weight and then I feel much better. Dont forget also to measure yourself too, sometimes it isnt in the scale but could be felt in how your clothes feel. :):wink:
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It happens. Don't let it get you down! Weight fluctuates so much, even on a daily basis.

I've done workouts, eaten well within my calorie limits and gained a pound last week but the week before, I hardly worked out and lost 2.6 lbs.

Give it some time. Only suggestion I can make is reevaluate your calorie intake to make sure you are not eating too few calories. If you don't eat at least over your BMR you may not see any success.

There are lots of good threads about this on MFP. You may be able to find them by using the search function :)

Good luck!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    this just happened to me! I joined a golds gym challenge and only lost .6 of a pound. But when they did my inches I lost 1 inch from my hips, 1 from the thighs, and 3 from the waist. I would definitely recommend measuring because when I saw my before and after weight I was so ticked off until I was shown my inches! I didn't think that such a thing could happen, but i bet the same thing is happening to you also.
  • JensterPenster
    Options
    I haven't taken measurements, but am always keenly aware of how my clothes are fitting. Sadly, they're all feeling pretty snug. :(
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!! :happy:
  • JensterPenster
    Options
    I was just checking out the BMR thread. I may be eating too few calories. I need to find my magic number (and WAND, while I'm at it)!
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I feel you! Glad to know I'm not the only one FRUSTRATED. ugh.
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken measurements, but am always keenly aware of how my clothes are fitting. Sadly, they're all feeling pretty snug. :(

I know exactly how you feel. I work my A** off, but not literally. Unfortunately.
  • JensterPenster
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement & support, everybody!